Contribute
Register

VEGA 56 dual monitor / Catalina 10.15.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes remove kext if you are injecting. I think that it is your device path surely I am no guru in any way but

03:00.0 1002:687f /PCI0@0/PEG0@1/PEGP@0/pci-bridge@0/GFX0@0 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) looks correct to me.

Also I saw that you use Radeondeinit I don't know for sure but I have never had to use it for my setup
I found some old backup from clover and checked the graphics section was empty nothing checked or selected.
If you inject your devices you don't need to set any graphics if I recall correct. (don't take my world for it).

Hope that I not mislead you in to the dark fields…

Looking further on your config I believe your ig-platform-id should be 0x19120001 as you are on a skylake cpu and SMBios 17,1 should be configured as headless meaning you are not using the ports on your motherboard but the vega for output, 0x687f is the id for the vega card and can not be used for ig-platform-id.

Dude thanks so much for taking a look at my config, I just tried so many different options, so my config might be a bit messy.

I changed the platform id into 0x19120001 but still black screen. This platform id sets the Igpu to headless, do I understand it correctly? In smbios otherwise i don't see other headless option box.

In devices i have one root pci device, in the thread you posted on vega tab i see that @jaymonkey has 3 pci devices, perhaps this is my problem? Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 17.18.29.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 39
Dude thanks so much for taking a look at my config, I just tried so many different options, so my config might be a bit messy.

I changed the platform id into 0x19120001 but still black screen. This platform id sets the Igpu to headless, do I understand it correctly? In smbios otherwise i don't see other headless option box.

In devices i have one root pci device, in the thread you posted on vega tab i see that @jaymonkey has 3 pci devices, perhaps this is my problem? View attachment 530370
that don't look right

Yes the ig platform sets it to headless. I patched you igpu with Hackintool and made some changes in your config on graphics and devices, if you want to try don't forget to backup your config before you use this one, crossing my fingers I don't mess it up for you :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.7 KB · Views: 41
Yes the ig platform sets it to headless. I patched you igpu with Hackintool and made some changes in your config on graphics and devices, if you want to try don't forget to backup your config before you use this one, crossing my fingers I don't mess it up for you :)
maybe disable or remove this section:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) - 2</key>
            <dict>
                <key>@0,device_type</key>
                <string>display</string>
                <key>@0,name</key>
                <string>ATY,Kamarang</string>
                <key>@1,device_type</key>
                <string>display</string>
                <key>@1,name</key>
                <key>@2,device_type</key>
                <string>display</string>
                <key>@2,name</key>
                <key>@3,device_type</key>
                <string>display</string>
                <key>@3,name</key>
                <key>AAPL,boot-display</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>ATY,DeviceID</key>
                <data>f2g=</data>
                <key>ATY,EFIDriverType</key>
                <data>Ag==</data>
                <key>ATY,EFIEnabledMode</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>
                <data>MDEuMDAuMzE4MA==</data>
                <key>ATY,EFIVersionB</key>
                <data>MTEzLUQwNTAwMzAwLTEwMQ==</data>
                <key>ATY,Rom#</key>
                <string>113-D0500300-101</string>
                <key>ATY,copyright</key>
                <data>Q29weXJpZ2h0IEFNRCBJbmMuIEFsbCBSaWdodHMgUmVzZXJ2ZWQuIDIwMDUtMjAxOQ==</data>
                <key>CFG_NVV</key>
                <integer>2</integer>
                <key>CFG_PTPL2_TBL</key>
                <data>0gAAAMwAAADGAAAAwAAAALoAAAC0AAAAqgAAAKAAAACWAAAAjAAAAIIAAAB4AAAAbgAAAGQAAABaAAAAHgAAAA==</data>
                <key>Force_Load_FalconSMUFW</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_ACDCGpioDisabled</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_DiDtSQPatternWidthOverride</key>
                <integer>14</integer>
                <key>PP_DiDtSQStallPatternOverride</key>
                <integer>16383</integer>
                <key>PP_DisableAutoWattman</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_DisableClockStretcher</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_DisableDIDT</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_DisablePCCLimitControl</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_DisablePowerContainment</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_DisableULV</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_EnableUploadFirmware</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_Falcon_QuickTransition_Enable</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>PP_FuzzyFanControl</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_GfxOffControl</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable</key>
                <data>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</data>
                <key>PP_PhmUseDummyBackEnd</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>PP_ToolsLogSpaceSize</key>
                <integer>524288</integer>
                <key>PP_WorkLoadPolicyMask</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <data>QVRZLEthbWFyYW5nUGFyZW50</data>
                <key>hda-gfx</key>
                <string>onboard-1</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>AMD Radeon RX Vega 56</string>
                <key>name</key>
                <string>ATY,KamarangParent</string>
            </dict>

I saw a mistake of mine in that section so here is a new config, I use that device description for my vega 56 and open core and it works very well giving good benchmarks. I think its with a try.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.7 KB · Views: 42
Yeah that last config breaks my boot, i'll try with this one now, thanks again
I saw a mistake of mine in that section so here is a new config, I use that device description for my vega 56 and open core and it works very well giving good benchmarks. I think its with a try.

sadly still black screen. it boots up a little bit better, i can see the mouse and a glitched screen. 20211007_192643.jpg
so it's definitely something to do with this, will keep trying to find the issue here.

In ioreg the my platform id is <01 00 12 19> so it's not the same as HD-530 IGPU = 0x19120001 (?)
Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 21.19.02.png

P.S. i'm running my main monitor via DP in 1st port, and trying to connect the second screen via HDMI 4th port..

It is correct its just reversed order in ioreg, don't ask me to explain its just something I've learned by reading a lot of threads. When I solved my mystery with black screen it was by connecting with two DP-cables. I had tried with adapter from DVI to DP and DVI to HDMI none of them worked but two DP-cables did the magic. So if you have the possibility to try with two DP-cables it might solve the problem. Can't tell for sure but it worked for me. And of course as FearTech suggested you can try with deleting the device for the vega to let WhatEverGreen do its thing undisturbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back