Motherboard
MSI Z370i Pro Gaming Carbon AC
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
RX 460
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I haven't replaced the default VBoxHFS on my EFI since I installed Sierra on my build. I have most working perfectly now besides the sleep/wake since I am using HD530 and Gigabyte RX460.

I am trying to clean things up by implementing best practices per se with regards to hackintosh and came accross this filesystem. Is it just a matter of deleting the VBoxHfs and installing the HFSPlus? Will it not impact any files or whatever that was already setup on my build? Or should I even bother to use HFSPlus?

Thanks.

One of the first things I did when I built my hackintosh was replace VBoxHfs with HFSPlus. VBoxHfs caused long delay during the boot process for me. HFSPlus has been perfect.

Yes, it's just a matter of deleting VBoxHfs and installing HFSPlus.

I'm setting up my Z390 Designare.

I was trying to copy files from a z77 Yosemite build using SMB file sharing in the finder and it wasn't working. I was able to send files form the z77 build to the z390, but then the finder kept crashing, after force quits and restarts, on the z390 when I tried to do anything on the Desktop where I had copied them.

I have switched from VBoxHfs-64 to HFSPlus-64 and now copying files over the network is going smoothly.

@CaseySJ I wasn't sure if I should put this bug experience here or in the thread for your build.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back