Contribute
Register

Variety of problems with Core2Duo generation desktop (Apple ID, BIOS, Network/Audio)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Wind U123
CPU
Intel Atom
Graphics
Onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, I followed the Unibeast / Multibeast guide posted on this site and was able to create a working usb installer w/ ML.

I was able to boot into the install and process through it, was able to initally boot into OS X 10.8

Had working internet, working dual screens, really the only thing not working hardware wise I noticed was audio. So I ran multibeast to install Audio, ALC888, and when I reboot, I no longer have a network connection....and still the audio doesnt work.

And also have a 2 other issues, even before I ran multibeast, after my inital setup I try to login with my Apple ID and it says "an error occured" and I can't download frim the Appstore. Confirmed my password and such is correct by logging in via Safari.

Then to add icing to this cake, sometimes when I reboot my BIOS tells me it's corrupt and reverts to default...so I lose my OC and my AHCI options.

Thanks for reading. Any help would be greatly appreicated. Here are the system specs

GA-EP3-DS3L rev 1.0 - bios F3
Core 2 Duo E7200
2x2GB Corsair DDR2 RAM
nVidia GeForce 8600GT 256MB
WD Raptor 10K Drive

About This Mac shows Early 2008 Mac Pro.

Dual boots to boot Linux Mint as well.

Do you have a DSDT.aml

I think I figured it out...I'm posting this now from OSX...

I browsed the options for Multibeast and starting reading descriptions...and you know the top one, EasyBeast, sounded alot like what I needed.

So after selecting EasyBeast, Lnx2Mac's Realtek 81xx, Voodoo HDA 0.2.1 - installed and reboot..I seem to be okay.

no bios resets, was apple to log into App Store and have audio! Hope this helps others with core2duo generation hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back