i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi boys.
i'm using 10.6.6 with multibeast 3.0.3 (mac pro 4,1 as system definitions). i have chosen ati experimental as booloader.
i tried cinebench, and it gave me only 27.98 fps as benchmark. is it good or is it too slow? i tried even mac pro 3,1 and mac pro 5,1 as system definitions but they gave me slower cinebench results.
i hope you can help me

anyone can help me? which are your cinebench results with ati 5850? i think the problem is the ati experimental bootfile.

In Cinebench 11.5 I had about 26 fps with a nvidia GTX 275.

So I think your 5850 is ok.

Although everybody gets higher results when running Cinbench under Windows.

i know that in windows i can reach higher results. the problem is that 27.98 is too low. i have seen people in this blog, with a ati 5770 and with 32 o 33 fps in cinebench

even the imac with a 4850 reaches 32 fps....

Have you tried the Uakari Kext? Without the Experimental ATI? Try that and see if it gets any better, but yeah I would think you should be able to push 32 FPS with that card. Although I can only get the same results as yours with my Single Slot ATI 5770. I tried the more expensive cards and deemed that it wasn't worth the extra money, so I opt'ed for stability and MiniDisplay Port, also this ATI card doesn't have the Artifacts that show at boot and shutdown like the 2 other ATI 5770 I tried.

i didn't try with the uakari, because it runs only in 32 bit and i want the 64 bit.i thought 5850 would have reached 35 fps. i think the only thing to do is to wait until the ati 5xxx it are added to the trunk Chameleon code. i'f i'm wrong, tell me

I get 32 FPS with 9800GT which is very lame compare to the 5850

your results conferm that there is a problem, probably with the ati experimental. i hope macman or someone else could give me an answer or a solution.

What program do you run that you need to boot into 64Bit? Some things like Quicktime can't even run in 64Bit. I ran CS5 with a 32Bit boot and it performed beautifully, and twice as fast as Final Cut Pro for rendering in 64Bit. I think if the extensions are there it will run in 64Bit because I see CineBench even says it uses 64Bit when it tests.

I could be wrong though, but at least try it and see if you get different results, and if there is a problem with ATI-Experimental I am sure they will want to iron it out. But just to confirm the problem I would say give it a shot and see what FPS you get to make a real comparison. You can always config Multibeast back to where you are now.

thank you very much. i will try. must i reinstall snow leopard? or can i run again multibeast and overwrite my configuration, choosing again userdsdt, Graphics -> Enablers -> ATY_Init uakari and 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No?
thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back