Nvidia GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi all, :)

I'm having some difficulty installing macOS Catalina 10.15.6 (fresh install using Opencore 0.6.0) on my 2012 custom built machine. I have macOS Mojave running on this machine as MacPro5,1 and I've previously had other versions of macOS too using Unibeast/Multibeast.

I'm aware Catalina isn't supported on MacPro5,1 and therefore I've changed my SMBIOS to iMac15,1 as I don't have integrated graphics and will purely be using the dGPU, which is why I didn't opt for iMac13,1 or iMac13,2.

Regardless of my SMBIOS, I've had the same issues when using both Clover and Opencore (with both iMac15,1 and iMac13,2).

The hardware:
Motherboard: ASUS P8H61MLE (Sandy Bridge, updated BIOS to support Ivy Bridge)
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 (Ivy Bridge)
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 680
Storage: 240GB Kingston SSD / WD500GB HDD / WD320GB HDD

The SSD is where I currently have Mojave (with Clover) installed but I'm looking to format and install Catalina with Opencore on the SSD.

This installation is completely vanilla and I can boot into Opencore. All the drivers and kexts I'm using are the DEBUG versions. Once I select "Install macOS Catalina (External)" I then encounter the following screen, causing it to hang.

IMG_1908.jpg

I've read the Opencore documentation and it does specifically mention the "EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START" error, but after trying the fixes I'm still at no avail; as the troubleshooting didn't solve the issue(s).

For reference, I've included a snapshot of my Opencore EFI bootvolume below.

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 03.27.17.png

And finally, please find attached my config.plist to this post.

Would anyone please be kind enough to guide me into the correct direction? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm happy to troubleshoot and answer/trial any suggestions you may have. :)

Thank you and kind regards.

Update: I eventually managed to boot into the macOS Catalina installer successfully! Not only so, but my machine is now running Catalina 10.15.6. (I finally now need to perform some post-installation processes.)

To successfully boot, the changes I made to the config.plist are:

Under Booter > Quirks:
  • EnableWriteUnprotector: TRUE
  • RebuildAppleMemoryMap: TRUE
  • SetupVirtualMap: TRUE
  • SyncRuntimePermissions: TRUE
The Opencore documentation does state that when RebuildAppleMemoryMap is true, EnableWriteUnprotector must be false; but this didn't work for me. By experimenting and having both set to true, I can now boot successfully. :)

Desktop Screenshot
Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 22.55.16.png

Last edited:
my clover is working fine justb want to move opencore.
I am also facing the same issue freezing here try so many ways not worked.
please help me how to fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_6640.jpg
    IMG_6640.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_6161.jpg
    IMG_6161.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_6105.jpg
    IMG_6105.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 224
  • EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 488
  • working clover EFI.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 483
Update: I eventually managed to boot into the macOS Catalina installer successfully! Not only so, but my machine is now running Catalina 10.15.6. (I finally now need to perform some post-installation processes.)

Under Booter > Quirks:
The Opencore documentation does state that when RebuildAppleMemoryMap is true, EnableWriteUnprotector must be false; but this didn't work for me. By experimenting and having both set to true, I can now boot successfully. :)

Desktop Screenshot
View attachment 485500

I have Sandy Bridge H67 finally success booting Big Sur with this Quirk. Thank you so much mate. You are the champion...

hi all,
I'm trying to make my first hackintosh with an old Fujitsu Esprimo P510 computer but I get stuck booting the MacOS installer.

the hardware is

motherboard D3171-A1x (B75 chipset)
graphics integrated Intel HD Graphics 2500 series
cpu Intel I5 3470 3.2GHz (Ivy Bridge)
audio Conexant Cx20642@Intel Panther Point PCH
ethernet Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E

Under Booter > Quirks:

I've tried also to modify my config.plist as suggested but nothing changed.
I've attached my EFI Folder, my config.plist file e the boot log generated by open core, can someone please help me to solve the problem?

thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 195
  • config.plist
    14.7 KB · Views: 123
  • opencore-2021-04-01-095941.txt
    256 KB · Views: 142
hi all,
I'm trying to make my first hackintosh with an old Fujitsu Esprimo P510 computer but I get stuck booting the MacOS installer.

the hardware is

motherboard D3171-A1x (B75 chipset)
graphics integrated Intel HD Graphics 2500 series
cpu Intel I5 3470 3.2GHz (Ivy Bridge)
audio Conexant Cx20642@Intel Panther Point PCH
ethernet Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E

I've tried also to modify my config.plist as suggested but nothing changed.
I've attached my EFI Folder, my config.plist file e the boot log generated by open core, can someone please help me to solve the problem?

Under Booter > Quirks:

Desktop Screenshot
View attachment 485500
This got it working for me. Cheers~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back