Contribute
Register

V8 ALPS touchpad; wanting to increase trackpad cursor speed (modifying voodoops2controller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Predator PH517-51
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070 G-Sync Panel
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey so my laptop uses a v8 ALPS trackpad/touchpad and the support is not good for it with the community modified ALPS voodoops2controller.kext. With the community one it will either not work at all or all touch features like single tap, double tap and what not wont work. The default and latest voodoops2controller by RehabMan works pretty much flawlessly, the touchpad works, single and double tap work, two finger scroll works. The issue is there is no way for me to control the speed of the trackpad/touchpad. With the Rehabman's voodoops2controll.kext it says "no trackpads" in system prefs, which I am totally fine with and don't need. I just want to speed the cursor up a bit; and was hoping there was a way to modify some values of the voodoops2controller.kext to increase the speed of the cursor.

I attached my problem reporting files below:

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• debug_25385.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Hey so my laptop uses a v8 ALPS trackpad/touchpad and the support is not good for it with the community modified ALPS voodoops2controller.kext. With the community one it will either not work at all or all touch features like single tap, double tap and what not wont work. The default and latest voodoops2controller by RehabMan works pretty much flawlessly, the touchpad works, single and double tap work, two finger scroll works. The issue is there is no way for me to control the speed of the trackpad/touchpad. With the Rehabman's voodoops2controll.kext it says "no trackpads" in system prefs, which I am totally fine with and don't need. I just want to speed the cursor up a bit; and was hoping there was a way to modify some values of the voodoops2controller.kext to increase the speed of the cursor.

I attached my problem reporting files below:

Thanks in advance!

No trackpads detected as your trackpad is handled as a mouse with my version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext (due to no specific support for ALPS).

Search for PS2 kexts specific to ALPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back