EVGA GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I've had this G4 Graphite sitting in storage for quite sometime. When my work required that I update my knowledge of SL and learn using Lion and the new ML ... I took out the G4 and started tinkering with it, ended up installing SL on my windows based pc.

Recently, I've upgraded my computer and have an almost complete spare computer just sitting idle (just needs psu and monitor) which has the potential to build an SL based system. Took apart the G4, which btw is the very first time ever I've done this on a mac, stripped her and gutted everything out and ended up breaking a few clips here and there but nothing serious. Here are some pics of how she looked before ...

vG4-01-01.jpgvG4-01-02.jpgvG4-01-03.jpgvG4-01-06.jpg
vG4-01-05.jpgvG4-01-04.jpg

I have modded windows based machines in the past. My B&D RTX has recently given up, so until I get a replacement for it, the G4 is just getting a new coat of paint. About a month ago, I chanced upon the case mods in this community and saw the Overclock.net Storm Trooper build by Photograph(?) and fell in love with it, my son who saw it a few days ago sealed the deal and will be doing something similar on our G4. I don't really do OC, so this build will not see any OC or cooling mods, unless totally necessary.

vG4-02-01.jpgvG4-02-02.jpgvG4-02-03.jpgvG4-02-04.jpg

I used a locally available epoxy based aerosol paint called Bosny white and flat black for this build. Just took a few minutes to dry and can be handled without worries. Painting is still not finished, i'd like the hex screws to in black and will be trying to realign the case to look more presentable.

vG4-02-05.jpgvG4-02-06.jpg

The left back panel is still unpainted, I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Internal mods will be done when i can do proper fitting, without an rtx tool it just seems impossible to work on it properly. I'll update soon ...

Thanks for looking!

v33's - G4

started working on the case again this morning. removed rivets from the rear plate a few days ago and started hacking into it.

vG4-02-07.jpgvG4-02-08.jpg

I couldn't wait for money to come in and order the new RTX, so i purcased 6 pcs cut off discs from a dental supply company (it was near my place) and the attachment rod for it and used it with my handy dandy Bosch drill. :D Work on it for about an hour and thirty and called it a day. I went through all 6 cut off discs and ended up using a 7th piece to get to where it is now.
Started cutting from the inside and moved to the outer side for the unreachable areas like the bottom.

vG4-02-09.jpgvG4-02-10.jpg

Still needs some work. I have to buy more cut off disc and cut the plate for the sound female connectors. I'll be using plexiglass for the rear plate. I'm thinking of doing it myself, or may go ahead and order one. we have a local who sells custom computer back plates.

Finally got to do custom mobo fitting and decided on placement. I'll post pics when i got the mobo mounted.

Thanks for looking!

Wow, its been almost a year since i worked on this case last. I did progress much but did not get to update my post, so here are some pics from last year...
vG4-03-01.jpgvG4-03-02.jpgvG4-03-03.jpgvG4-03-04.jpgvG4-03-05.jpg

bad news is the mobo/processor for this project died all of a sudden, just before installation was completed. project was placed on ice for months, resurrected because i've got a new spare mobo and video card.

the build will now include...

• 600+ watts modular corsair psu
  • i7 oc enabled processor
  • 8 or 16gb DDR3 1600 memory
  • new Black Ice 280GTX radiator

so the hack will now use the new radiator. i will get the new rad in a few days from the Hardware Labs office directly. hopefully i can get my chassis painted with the same paint tech used in the rad. also, complete gathering all these items in a months time.

went to the Hardware Labs main office the other day and got 2 radiators, the newly released Black Ice Nemesis 140GTS and the 280GTS.

N280GTS.jpg

i'm thinking of swapping the 140GTS for a 120GTX or 140GTX just as a backup incase i ran into problems with the 280. this is how the Nemesis 120GTX looks, its nice and thick...

N120GTX.jpg

getting a 120GTX will allow me to mod/upgrade the cheaper ThermalTake Water 2.0 Performer which is available locally. got to decide by monday when I go back to their office.

check their website... http://hardwarelabs.com/nemesis

any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back