Contribute
Register

v310's First Build: Core i7-3770K - GA-Z77N-WIFI - 16GB RAM - GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
with mac pro you can't have airplay mirroring.
you have to choose:

-mac pro with no airplay but with boot screen working
-macmini with airplay but with no boot screen working

MacMini6,1 is for i5 Ivy Bridge processors and MacMini6,2 is for i7 Ivy Bridge Processors. For more information see my post here.

for 10.8.3
if you choose macmini as system definitions, you can't disable igfx, otherwise you will have problems playing videos.
if you want to disable igfx, choose mac pro system definitions.

speaking about the string for the hd4000, it must work. it works for everyone.
did you put 32mb for the internal graphic in bios?

The string works with igfx first but not like in 10.8.2 with auto/peg or like you had it working before in 10.8.3.

The only thing I can do is change it back to macpro3,1 and wait for a fix.

OK, I changed my system Def back to 5,1 and everything is working. I decided to just get Air Parrot. I also did a Bios update in Windows and I can't seem to get my side USB 3.0 ports to work. I don't have USB 3.0 device but my IPAD and Iphone won't work from those ports. Is this just mine or is it the same for everyone? I have verified that all my Bios settings are correct.

BTW, they work in Windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

You need actual USB 3.0 devices for those ports. I have a couple and they work fine. USB 2.0 are not recognized. You can charge things in the ports though like a Kindle or wireless mouse.

"I decided to change the PSU as well because i read many comments regarding the size of Corsair 650, so I went with a smaller model."

Where are you seeing this? I'm looking into building a very similar system, and was going to purchase the Corsair 650.

What are the issues exactly?

Is anyone else having trouble getting an IP address at startup? Sometimes I have to restart 2-3 times before my Hackintosh joins the network (ethernet). I didn't have this problem before the .3 update. I will re install the network driver and see if that helps.

UPDATE: Things seem to be back to normal.

Is anyone else having trouble getting an IP address at startup? Sometimes I have to restart 2-3 times before my Hackintosh joins the network (ethernet). I didn't have this problem before the .3 update. I will re install the network driver and see if that helps.

UPDATE: Things seem to be back to normal.

How did you fix it?

I'm having this exact issue. I set up a new box with a Z77N-wifi, 3570k, HD4000 video. I am not using wifi. After the 10.8.3 update I get no IP address on ethernet most of the time. I've reinstalled Lnx2Mac's ethernet driver twice. It does sometimes work, but 3/4 of the time I get no IP.

I am also having the issue of scrambled video after the bootup screen, "fixed" by unplugging and replugging the DVI cable.

I had a couple of days with no problems then today I had it again. Had to restart 3 times. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one with this problem. Hopefully a solution will be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back