- Integer Operations/Second: 736035456
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 1484324

Graphics Tests (Score: 419)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 1843

Hardware Tests (Score: 50)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 118 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 227 MB/s

That is the fun of these forums and making your own computer. :D

Thanks! I'll try that and report back, I was using one that started 7f0000.

And it's not working for you anymore or what happened?

my system works if i put init display first set to igfx, otherwise it gives me an error and kernel panic.

this is strange because three days ago, without changing anything, it worked even with init display first set to peg!

so now i have everything working exept from:
-dictation
-i can't see boot screen (because i have only one monitor, connected to my 670 but i have to put on bios init display first to igfx otherwise i have kernel panic)

Here was my Nova Bench scores using 5,1

Verified NovaBench Score: 1668

Test run on March 5, 2013
Mac OS X 10.8.2

intel.png
Intel Core i7 running at 3500 MHz

nvidia.png
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti GPU

16384 MB System RAM (Score: 232)
- RAM Speed: 10853 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 967)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 399086784
- Integer Operations/Second: 736035456
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 1484324

Graphics Tests (Score: 419)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 1843

Hardware Tests (Score: 50)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 118 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 227 MB/s

here is mine

2013-03-19 17:53:08 +0000
Mac OS X 10.8.3
Intel Core i7 @ 3500 MHz
Graphics Card: gtx 670

8192 MB System RAM (Score: 187)
- RAM Speed: 10281 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 921)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 382095104
- Integer Operations/Second: 702256320
- MD5 Hashes Calculated/Second: 1402509

Graphics Tests (Score: 486)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 2260

Hardware Tests (Score: 70)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 111 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 366 MB/s

my system works if i put init display first set to igfx, otherwise it gives me an error and kernel panic.

this is strange because three days ago, without changing anything, it worked even with init display first set to peg!

so now i have everything working exept from:
-dictation
-i can't see boot screen (because i have only one monitor, connected to my 670 but i have to put on bios init display first to igfx otherwise i have kernel panic)

So the string you posted didn't work for me, got the same debugger error on startup. I also got it working with igfx first but I'm also using only one monitor and that's not really a option if it doesn't show anything at bootup. It's a bit harder to switch the boot drive or fix any errors when there is a black screen :lol:. Lets hope this gets fixed with a chimera or mac update someday.

Another thing, when I have the hd 4000 turned off and have my sysdef to something that supports hardware acceleration (e.g. macmini5,1) for videos. I'm getting artifacts and/or my screen freezes on flash videos, is this normal? I tried the VDADecoderCheck app and it gives me a supported. Switching back to macpro3,1 I do't have acceleration and the video works, but would be nice to have the acceleration. Didn't have this before in 10.8.2 with the igfx working.

There are two types of "plugs" for harddrives, CD, etc. There are 2 SATA II(3 or 1.5Gb/s) ports and 2 SATA III (6Gb/s) ports. Make sure your SSD is SATA III compatible (it should be) and that is is plugged into the correct one. The ones you want are the white ones/ the ones closet to the back of the MB. See page 24 of the manual.

This could be the issue.

I checked that and I am using the white Sata for my two SSD drives and I am using the Black Sata for my Spinning 1TB HD and my BluRay player.

I am also noticing that my BluRay player seems to come on randomly, is anyone else having an issue with this?

So the string you posted didn't work for me, got the same debugger error on startup. I also got it working with igfx first but I'm also using only one monitor and that's not really a option if it doesn't show anything at bootup. It's a bit harder to switch the boot drive or fix any errors when there is a black screen :lol:. Lets hope this gets fixed with a chimera or mac update someday.

Another thing, when I have the hd 4000 turned off and have my sysdef to something that supports hardware acceleration (e.g. macmini5,1) for videos. I'm getting artifacts and/or my screen freezes on flash videos, is this normal? I tried the VDADecoderCheck app and it gives me a supported. Switching back to macpro3,1 I do't have acceleration and the video works, but would be nice to have the acceleration. Didn't have this before in 10.8.2 with the igfx working.

for 10.8.3
if you choose macmini as system definitions, you can't disable igfx, otherwise you will have problems playing videos.
if you want to disable igfx, choose mac pro system definitions.

speaking about the string for the hd4000, it must work. it works for everyone.
did you put 32mb for the internal graphic in bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back