Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I managed to get El Capitan working on my laptop (Skylake 6200u).

What I did ?

I followed the guide of RehabMan for :
- installing clover and el capitan : here
- patching DSDT : here
Not all part are working.

For now what's working ?

USB, Graphic acceleration, SD Card Reader, Camera, battery percentage, bluetooth, audio

What does'nt work ?

Trackpad, keyboard backlight, fn key shortcut, Wi-Fi.

In a near futur I will get trackpad (I2C device) working however for now I want to concentred y effort and stability.

My biggests issues is that if I applied brightness fix from Rehabman repo I get the fn shortcut working but keyboard backlight still doesn't work also at every reboot it do not save the previous brightness level. I don"t now if I due to the patch or else... And other problem is that I can't get hwmonitor working. All sensor make my hackintosh panic. As a consequence I don't know if the system monitor properly my cpu, fan,ssd, or gpu. As I understood I need to enable Skylake LPC but I can"t get this working.

Someone can help me to fix all thoses issue ?
Here are all the kext I installed : ACPI batterie driver, voodoops2, fakesmc, sata-100 (from the dsdt patcjing link), and asus fn key
You can find attached my dsdt (without brightness fix, I just applied battery and ethernet patch) + my ioreg + config.plist

Of course A BIG THANK TO REHABMAN AND OTHER DEVS WHO SACRIFRY THERE TIME FOR US AND MAKING HACKINTOSH POSSIBLE.

Attachments

• UX330UA.zip
    613.2 KB · Views: 83
Hi,
I managed to get El Capitan working on my laptop (Skylake 6200u).

What I did ?

I followed the guide of RehabMan for :
- installing clover and el capitan : here
- patching DSDT : here
Not all part are working.

For now what's working ?

USB, Graphic acceleration, SD Card Reader, Camera, battery percentage, bluetooth, audio

What does'nt work ?

Trackpad, keyboard backlight, fn key shortcut, Wi-Fi.

In a near futur I will get trackpad (I2C device) working however for now I want to concentred y effort and stability.

My biggests issues is that if I applied brightness fix from Rehabman repo I get the fn shortcut working but keyboard backlight still doesn't work also at every reboot it do not save the previous brightness level. I don"t now if I due to the patch or else... And other problem is that I can't get hwmonitor working. All sensor make my hackintosh panic. As a consequence I don't know if the system monitor properly my cpu, fan,ssd, or gpu. As I understood I need to enable Skylake LPC but I can"t get this working.

Someone can help me to fix all thoses issue ?
Here are all the kext I installed : ACPI batterie driver, voodoops2, fakesmc, sata-100 (from the dsdt patcjing link), and asus fn key
You can find attached my dsdt (without brightness fix, I just applied battery and ethernet patch) + my ioreg + config.plist

Of course A BIG THANK TO REHABMAN AND OTHER DEVS WHO SACRIFRY THERE TIME FOR US AND MAKING HACKINTOSH POSSIBLE.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Mainly I want first a "stable" hackintosh. Which mean a proper cpu management and GPU management, fan speed, hibernate, wake sleep etc...
I think my actual config seems to be ok but every time I want hwmonitor with fakesmcsensor my os won't boot anymore (your fake sensor or from hwmonitor website). I placed them in S/L/E whitch means every time a clean install after testing because I can't boot anymore...
I also tested them one by one in clover efi partition and it seems that all sensors don't get a kernel panic except cpu sensor.

Also I wanted to patch Skylake LPC but I get an error.

Also I wonder which patch do I need to apply for my dsdt. I read all subjects about that but it's a bit difficult for a "noob". All seems to work out of the box thank to your work but I want to insure everything is ok.

Mainly I want first a "stable" hackintosh. Which mean a proper cpu management and GPU management, fan speed, hibernate, wake sleep etc...
I think my actual config seems to be ok but every time I want hwmonitor with fakesmcsensor my os won't boot anymore (your fake sensor or from hwmonitor website). I placed them in S/L/E whitch means every time a clean install after testing because I can't boot anymore...
I also tested them one by one in clover efi partition and it seems that all sensors don't get a kernel panic except cpu sensor.

Also I wanted to patch Skylake LPC but I get an error.

Also I wonder which patch do I need to apply for my dsdt. I read all subjects about that but it's a bit difficult for a "noob". All seems to work out of the box thank to your work but I want to insure everything is ok.

The FakeSMC sensor kexts add to instability and inefficiency, so don't get hung up on that. The source code is available if you want to modify it for Skylake.

As far as LPC and Skylake, the need for it is debatable. Use it only as a test. The patch will not cause an error... so be sure to resolve all errors prior to applying it.

You should plan on reading all pinned posts: https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/el-capitan-laptop-support.181/

Actually I do have an error with the patch.
What I did : compile properly my original dsdt--> apply theses patchs from your repo
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Add IMEI" (do not use if your DSDT or SSDTs already have IMEI/HECI/MEI device)

and also "fn asus key" + battery statut + ethernet

---->use your untouched config.plist for intel 520 and just check the box "add pnlf".

as for kexts I placed your acpibatterymanager, voodooPS2, fakesmc, intelbacklight, nullethernet, sata-100-serie.

All seems to be ok except keyboard backlight + trackpad (I'm working on it). After reading countless thread I am aware that AppleLPC need to be load and also need to know if everything is ok. After applying the skylake LPC patch I've got the attached error.

Also, is that normal that on system report none of my PCI's are listed ?

Thank you !

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-09-28 à 23.56.11.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-09-28 à 23.56.11.png
    431 KB · Views: 129
Actually I do have an error with the patch.
What I did : compile properly my original dsdt--> apply theses patchs from your repo
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Add IMEI" (do not use if your DSDT or SSDTs already have IMEI/HECI/MEI device)

and also "fn asus key" + battery statut + ethernet

---->use your untouched config.plist for intel 520 and just check the box "add pnlf".

as for kexts I placed your acpibatterymanager, voodooPS2, fakesmc, intelbacklight, nullethernet, sata-100-serie.

All seems to be ok except keyboard backlight + trackpad (I'm working on it). After reading countless thread I am aware that AppleLPC need to be load and also need to know if everything is ok. After applying the skylake LPC patch I've got the attached error.

Also, is that normal that on system report none of my PCI's are listed ?

Thank you !

For ACPI patching, see guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

But I did read countless time your guide :)
I'm just wondering if it is normal that my pci aren't listed on system report + if I really need all those patchs (eg IRQ, _wak etc) ) because my laptop seems to work out of the box without theses.

I'm just wondering if it is normal that my pci aren't listed on system report + if I really need all those patchs (eg IRQ, _wak etc) ) because my laptop seems to work out of the box without theses.

Normal. It is that way even on a real Mac laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back