Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

So I am fairly new to all of this but have done a good amount of research and followed the guides exactly. I am currently stuck on Step 4 of the unibeast guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibea...-based-pc.html. When I go to choose my boot device, USB-HDD isn't in the list. The flash drive that I'm using still shows up as the Brand Name (Kingston) and when I select to boot from that drive it tells me to reboot and select proper boot device. Is there something I'm missing in the bios settings that could be preventing the USB HDD from showing up? I got my friend to actually create the Bootable USB Drive for me as I don't have access to a mac, and he said he didn't run into any issues. Are some brands of flash drives maybe just incompatible? Not sure if my next step should be to buy a new flash drive and try that or to just try and order a dvd of Mountain Lion.

Thanks in advance for the advice, let me know if there is any more information needed.

And I apologize for posting this in multiple locations, I'm just unsure where to post these questions as most of the forum topics assume I've already made it past this step.

Bump. Please, does anyone have any advice? I'm thinking of trying to reformat the usb drive all over again but I don't know what I would do differently that would change anything. Is there a better place I should be posting this type of question? I don't see any topics for a problem this early on in the process.

Hello, Have you gotten this issue resolved? I'm encountering the same issue you are, but I think it may be Bios set up related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back