GTX 980 x2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I'm now happy that my hack is pretty stable, and must say thank you to everyone here and tonymacx86 for making it so easy. But I have a question. My Gigabyte mobo has two PCI slots, and it seems a shame to have somethings without be able to use them. So, are there any cool mods or accessories that would use these slots that are easy to use in Lion?

David

Is legacy PCI fast enough for an SSD?

Orangezorki said:
Is legacy PCI fast enough for an SSD?

No, but you can use the slot to mount an SSD onto

http://www.cartft.com/catalog/il/1277

PCI_Hotswap_slot.jpg

Thanks again for the replies.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I was talking about the old style PCI slots on the end of the mobo, not the PCI-express ones. I don't need one, but the SSD adapter is really cool though.

David

Well, depending upon what you need you could add FireWire 400 or 800 ports. The old school PCI slot so I could use the PCI FrireWire/USB 2.0 card from my Sawtooth G4 that I am retiring to light work as a spare machine. (I collect Macs so I have a few "spares"). If I don't use the FireWire/USB 2.0 card in my retro CustoMac I might go a little more retro and see if the high speed PCI SCSI card will work in there and use some idle Super SCSI drives. If you go with a FireWire card stick to the SIIG brand. They seem to have the most compatible chipsets for OS X. Happy Hunting :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back