Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7 7700K @ 5GHz 1.43V
Graphics
Saphire RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hey All,

Forgive my ignorance. I've read the many guides out there relating to the USBInjectAll patches + XHCI 200 Series Patch Raise Port Limit. None of these were successful for me. I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly.

So upon running into a SSDT.dsl template for my specific motherboard (GA-Z270Z-UD5), I edited the SSDT.dsl file in text edit and removed the USB ports I am not using.

• Could I ask if somebody could check my SSDT.dsl file, just to make sure everything is correct (assuming I haven't deleted anything important).

• Furthermore, now that I have this file, what exactly do I do with it?

• When using this SSDT.dsl file, will I need need XHCI-200-Series Raise Port Limit Patch?

• When using this SSDT.dsl file, will I still need USBInjectAll?

Anybody have any recommendations?

You'll have to post your SSDT and IOReg file in order for someone to check. SSDT file goes in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. USBInjectAll kext would still be needed along with the SSDT but the patch for raising USB ports limit can be removed once your SSDT is working correctly.

I'm basing all this information based on how I got it working with my system.

You'll have to post your SSDT and IOReg file in order for someone to check. SSDT file goes in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. USBInjectAll kext would still be needed along with the SSDT but the patch for raising USB ports limit can be removed once your SSDT is working correctly.

I'm basing all this information based on how I got it working with my system.
Thanks for the reply, I had no knowledge before this!

I'll upload my ssdt.dsl file.

What is an ioreg file?

Have you plugged in a USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 device in all the ports and see which ones are being used in ioRegistryExplorer? In each USB port, plug both USB 2.0 and 3.0 device and see which ports are being used in ioRegistryExplorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back