Contribute
Register

Using s7100x in Mac OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
With device ID 6810 it kernel panics... Same if changing the smbios from MacPro6,1 to iMac 17,1.
But for now I would like to understand why it doing that:

The pc shuts down even if I click Cancel
Reset NVRAM at boot after making changes.
For shutdown you can try rebuilding kernel caches.

Reset NVRAM at boot after making changes.
For shutdown you can try rebuilding kernel caches.
Done, same...shut down...
Rebuild was done using:
sudo kextcache -i /
sudo kcditto

Reset NVRAM was done by CleanNvram.efi

I was able to save the ioreg before it shuts

Attachments

• clevo’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    5.8 MB · Views: 46
Done, same...shut down...
Rebuild was done using:
sudo kextcache -i /
sudo kcditto

Reset NVRAM was done by CleanNvram.efi

I was able to save the ioreg before it shuts
Have you tested all of these?

0x69201002 0x69211002 0x69301002 0x69381002 0x69391002 0x73001002 0x730F1002

Ok, solved Shut Down problem. When drivers load the card have high temps (in windows) so I checked the thermal paste and discovered that the provided x-bracket have taller fillet for screws so the heat-sink wasn't pressing enough on chip. Changed x-bracket and now it doesn't shut anymore.
Have you tested all of these?

0x69201002 0x69211002 0x69301002 0x69381002 0x69391002 0x73001002 0x730F1002
Remain the main problem...
I tried first 2 because both are of 8gb Amethyst XT cards. Then I tried all other ids and nothing changes. After that I also tried some ids from AMD8000Controller.kext and from AMD9500Controller.kext, nothing new...
Any other suggestion?
Thanks!

I was sure I wrote it but can't find my reply.
Anyway, some symptoms, Davinci resolve cant see the card, LuxMark cant, iStat no, HWmonitor2 also... There's something missing, non of apps can see the card, that should be important to understand the problem.

Last edited:
I was sure I wrote it but can't find my reply.
Anyway, some symptoms, Davinci resolve cant see the card, LuxMark cant, iStat no, HWmonitor2 also... There's something missing, non of apps can see the card, that should be important to understand the problem.
It maybe the bios of the card.

End of the game?
Probably with that bios, try in Windows GPUZ app. you can extract the bios and upload it to their site. They have one version but its not verified. You may be able to flash the bios to a compatible card? This can be risky, but many people have done it with other cards. You would want to find a very similar card, and poke around the Google to find similar success stories.

GPUZ from TechPowerUp site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back