Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had success using the original serial # from my eMac in my eHack (and my G4 server case) Everything worked including iMessage. After I had a SSD issue on the eHack, I had to reinstall Mavericks, and I updated to 10.9.5 while I was at it. I made the mistake of running iMessage before changing the serial back to the original. Now I can no longer get iMessage to work. I have followed some of the suggestions in the iMessage fix, and plan to try them all at some point. Still no dice, but that is not the gist of my post. It does not have any effect on iCloud or iTunes.

:arrow:I was wondering if there are advantages to using the original serial # from a Apple case when doing a case mod? I am planning on a PowerMac G5 case mod soon as I have a pristine late 2005 G5 case. I also have another case so I have two original serial #s to choose from.

Any thoughts on this, or success stories.

Jaymokey's definitive guide for iMessage issues has a few things to say about using info from original macs. While it may be possible to use original numbers he does not recommend it. Check out his guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

You do not need to read the whole 1578 posts :)headbang:) just the guide to read his recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back