RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I want to edit the VoodooHDA.kext to set input gain equal to 0.
I've found instructions telling me to rebuild the kext cache afterwards. How do I do this properly?
I tried dragging the kext file to the Kext Utility app icon after edits, and it did its thing, but left me with a VoodooHDA.kext.bak file. Sound was gone due to a bad kext.

Here are detailed instructions I found:

1. find VoodooHDA.kext, copy it on the Desktop.

2. Right click mouse --> Show Package Contents ---> Contents ----> info.pls

3. Open it by Textedit , Find the line : iGain
4. set 90 to 0 save click x button to close all
5. Paste your edited file VoodooHDA to /system/library/extensions/ again for replace, run Kext Helper to repair permission and restart ! Your iput Gain and i mix to 0 ! Done

Could I simply use Apple's Disk Utility to repair permissions after editing the VoodooHDA.kext? I've seen recommendations for Kext Helper and Kext Wizard, but do I really need to use those in this case?
Doesn't Multibeast's System Utilities repair permissions, as well? Does it matter which I use?
What about rebuilding the cache?

StudioK said:
Could I simply use Apple's Disk Utility to repair permissions after editing the VoodooHDA.kext? I've seen recommendations for Kext Helper and Kext Wizard, but do I really need to use those in this case?
Doesn't Multibeast's System Utilities repair permissions, as well? Does it matter which I use?
What about rebuilding the cache?

Use Kext Wizard after you finish mounting the kext, when you open it check on the box,

/System/Library/Extensions

Then at the bottom right corner click "Execute" then restar, that should do the trick, i had to do the same thing but for my kext to make my 560 ti video card to ahve 1920x1080 resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back