Contribute
Register

Using a Hackintosh with 'vPro remote management' Intel AMT KVM - (remote mouse/keyboard doesn't respond)

Motherboard
Z790 > Need make and full model name > See Rules!
CPU
i9-14900K
Graphics
RX 6600
I haven't seen any posts directly related to this topic....
I have a Dell Lattitude 5480 laptop with an i7 7820HQ CPU, fully functional, with Sonoma 14.4.1

(you can read one of my related posts about this laptop here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...with-itlm-heliport.329494/page-2#post-2401242)

This laptop contains Intel ME (vPro), which is a remote management tool that lives in front of the iGPU. Using RealVNC, and the 'Intel AMT KVM' protocol, I can remote-connect to the laptop's wired NIC port and do full remote management (boot to the bios..etc). It has always worked 100% for any Win PE, DOS or Windows environment.

The problem is that when I'm connected to a remote session, while booted into the Hackintosh, the mouse and keyboard do not respond. I assume this is some driver compability issue, I'm just not sure where or how to start looking into this.

Does anybody have any ideas?

I haven't seen any posts directly related to this topic....
I have a Dell Lattitude 5480 laptop with an i7 7820HQ CPU, fully functional, with Sonoma 14.4.1

(you can read one of my related posts about this laptop here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...with-itlm-heliport.329494/page-2#post-2401242)

This laptop contains Intel ME (vPro), which is a remote management tool that lives in front of the iGPU. Using RealVNC, and the 'Intel AMT KVM' protocol, I can remote-connect to the laptop's wired NIC port and do full remote management (boot to the bios..etc). It has always worked 100% for any Win PE, DOS or Windows environment.

The problem is that when I'm connected to a remote session, while booted into the Hackintosh, the mouse and keyboard do not respond. I assume this is some driver compability issue, I'm just not sure where or how to start looking into this.

Does anybody have any ideas?
I have moved your post to laptop support

Back