CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The docs say Multibeast will copy dsdt.aml from the desktop, if it exists, to /Extra/dsdt.aml.

When I tried it, it didn't. I had dsdt.aml on the desktop, selected UserDSDT.aml, and after Multibeast was done, /Extra/dsdt.aml did not exist. I think the postinstall script for userdsdt.pkg is missing (I just see the preinstall there).

And... while you're at it, what do you think about copying ~/Desktop/ssdt.aml to /Extra/ssdt.aml if it is on the desktop?

Version tested: 5.2.0

What did Install.log show?

Also, if you have more than one .aml file on the desktop UserDSDT will fail.

Maybe that was the problem. I had ssdt.aml and dsdt.aml on the desktop.

What did Install.log show?

Also, if you have more than one .aml file on the desktop UserDSDT will fail.

I will do it again if necessary to retrieve the install.log, but this is what the documentation says for UserDSDT:
"Installs your DSDT if found as DSDT.aml, ..."

It doesn't say anything about not working if there is more than one .AML on the desktop.

Also, the installer didn't fail. It went through to the finish with success. But it didn't copy the file.

Here is the pertinent errors from install.log:

Dec 7 23:22:58 Admins-MacBook-Pro.local installd[284]: ./postinstall: /tmp/PKInstallSandbox.xMRZfr/Scripts/com.tonymacx86.multibeast.FakeSMC-1.pkg.JacVR2/postinstall: line 7: [: /Users/admin/Desktop/dsdt.aml: binary operator expected
Dec 7 23:22:58 Admins-MacBook-Pro.local installd[284]: ./postinstall: No DSDT found on desktop! Assuming DSDT Free installation.

I will do it again if necessary to retrieve the install.log, but this is what the documentation says for UserDSDT:
"Installs your DSDT if found as DSDT.aml, ..."

It doesn't say anything about not working if there is more than one .AML on the desktop.

Also, the installer didn't fail. It went through to the finish with success. But it didn't copy the file.
UserDSDT is working as designed and documented.

We used to have installation issues where we forced the DSDT to be named DSDT.aml before installation. Users were neglecting to do this and it was causing boot errors. Once we moved to using any name back in MultiBeast 2.3.0 released on 2010-09-25 that issue was no longer seen.

Closed won't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back