CPU
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Hi, before i try the different posts published by Toleda in order to fix my sound, i'd like to know if the code
Code:
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>No</string>
could put a mess.

I updated to 10.10.1, it worked perfectly (sound everything). I added a GTX 750 following Stork's Hector build, it also worked perfectly, but after 3 or 4 reboots, i couldn't get anymore on the desktop.
The only way was to boot ignoring the cache. I added this key in my boot.plist and i realized that i didn't have anymore sound. I use a Jawbone and it works in bluetooth, but when i wanted to put speakers then i realized there was no more sound.

Could it be because i don't use the cache?

Everything worked before and i have the good flag in my boot.plist.

Code:
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

Thanks!

Hello,

I have been troubleshooting my sound with a new installation and had to make this same change, so I wondered if that was the problem.

However, I have my sound working now with the KernelCache set to "No" in my p-list, so in my case this was not the problem.

Massively helpful in my troubleshooting were the two install guides:

If your system prefs are showing no audio devices:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143752-no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

and if you have audio devices, but no sound:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143750-no-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

In my case it turned out to be something fairly simple but which was not obvious to me. I am brand new at this doing my first install, so constantly learning things that may be obvious to veterans.

The top guide indicates you must have (for Chameleon):

Mandatory Add: Kernel Flags/kext-dev-mode=1

I had modified my boot.plist with additional flags, and this flag was on a separate line. I didn't think this would matter, but in "try everything" mode I moved this flag to the same line with my other boot flags in my plist and voila! My audio is working.

I mention this because sometimes it's something simple you just have to discover, and of course in case this is the case with you.

I also did go through all the steps on the first guide above, which were fairly involved, but at the end of a couple hours my audio is now working.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back