CPU
i7
Graphics
invidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good place to sell a used Hackintosh built for Audio recording/Protools. Built it 2009. Excellent condition, but do not use anyomore. Thx Mike

Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I've always just sold the components seperate (MB, CPU, GFX) on eBay. I think if you try and get money for the OS your looking for problems. I never resell HDDs either thats just a personal preference, I usually destroy them when not needed any longer.

If you sell a hackintosh to a friend or family member you'll be married to it forever.. lol

Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD4 Rev 1.3 BIOS F6
CPU
i7 2700 Quad 3.5 - LGA 1155
Graphics
Radeon 5770/EVGA 8400 GS
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Wow, I just joined this site today specifically for this reason. I'm looking to construct/have constructed/buy a Hackintosh for my PT system.

I'd love to PM about this but I don't have the minimum post count required. I'd love to chat though! Let me know!

Obvious Answer Man

Super Moderator
Advertising and Solicitation
  • No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.
  • We do not allow members to post threads or to send private messages or emails to other members that advertise products or services or solicit for funds or donations.
  • Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales or contests.
  • Posting any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral is not allowed and will be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good place to sell a used Hackintosh built for Audio recording/Protools. Built it 2009. Excellent condition, but do not use anyomore. Thx Mike
You can always install a copy of Windows over your old OS X install and then sell it as a
Windows PC. If you were to sell with OS X installed and other Apple software you're
breaking a number of rules on this site as well as competing with Apple, which obviously
is not recommended.

Motherboard
X299 Designare EX
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
512K, Plus
Mobile Phone
iOS
Resurrecting old thread...

I think the real question that should be asked as we are not advocating that one should try to sell through these forums is:

"Where is the best place to go to sell your old Hackintosh after you've replaced the MacOS with Windows or Linux?"

I find myself asking this question today. I put a lot of work into this piece of "art." I'd hate to split it up into pieces. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a marketplace where custom PC builders could sell their wares to people who want them? Custom hotrods have the same problem. In both markets, seems like you take it in the shorts if you try to sell your creation rather than parting it out.

I think the real question that should be asked as we are not advocating that one should try to sell through these forums is:

"Where is the best place to go to sell your old Hackintosh after you've replaced the MacOS with Windows or Linux?"

I find myself asking this question today. I put a lot of work into this piece of "art." I'd hate to split it up into pieces. Wouldn't it be cool if there was a marketplace where custom PC builders could sell their wares to people who want them? Custom hotrods have the same problem. In both markets, seems like you take it in the shorts if you try to sell your creation rather than parting it out.
I joined this site looking for a place where I could find an old Hackintosh with Windows or Linux replacing the MacOS.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

The only place I've had luck selling my old systems is Craig's List.

ModBot

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Remember when selling your old Hackintosh hardware you cannot legally include macOS.

If you want to sell it with an OS include one of the many Linux distributions. Or buy a copy of Windows and install that.