Intel Core i7 4770
Graphics
Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi
I wondered if we will get the ability to also use the mouse when reaching the Chimera bootloader, just like the "real" macs and windows 8. Is such a feature under development or is it possible at all.

Its possible, however the basis for such features is that they are UEFI extensions requiring a native UEFI environment after POST. One of the major features of Chimera and these OS X loaders is they act as a go-between the legacy PC-BIOS environment nearly all PCs have and the modified EFI environment Apple uses for the Intel based macs. While you still need something like Chimera if you have a uEFI mobo you still need it for IDs injection, emulation of Apple's unique EFI implementation, etc; however a pretty good amount of code would need to be altered and added to natively use these more advanced functions EFI allows pre-environment. That's a nice chunk of work for a small chunk of the compatible market at this time.

Clover can

Exactly. I just came out with that idea and i wanna share with people here. I think Chimera should be based on Clover or chimera will end up behind!
I've been trying to deal with clover and i can say its amazing bootloader. Not quite worth a re-install but its close to. btw does anyone knows how to remove chimera ?

Exactly. I just came out with that idea and i wanna share with people here. I think Chimera should be based on Clover or chimera will end up behind!
I've been trying to deal with clover and i can say its amazing bootloader. Not quite worth a re-install but its close to. btw does anyone knows how to remove chimera ?

Clover does it a little different. Clover is an attempt to have, in essence, a type of full EFI layer acting between BIOS and OS hand-off. Clover is more like a little OS then a complex boot-loader like GRUB2 or even Chimera is at its core. So sure Chimera can do this, like I said, but it requires Chimera to become a bit more then it already is. This would of course add a few seconds to boot times to do the extra initializations and extra HID resource pulls (detect, initialize, track, and render). Personally I would rather they work on keeping OS X support and functions going and add support for handing off to and auto-discovering other uEFI bootloaders like Grub2 (in EFI mode) & Win8's uEFI loader.

In honesty though, its best to wait until the last few bugs and issues are taken care of in Clover and move on to that since most people are moving that way anyways, including several of Chimera's own developers. I mean it has a native EFI & hybrid BIOS/EFI mode. I would run it now if I had Nvidia or Intel only graphics, but I like my 6850. :(

why does having a 6850 mean you cant use it?
im using clover, uefi boot, with a 6850 no issue (although there is a sleep issue, but thats a known problem with uefi booting)

why does having a 6850 mean you cant use it?
im using clover, uefi boot, with a 6850 no issue (although there is a sleep issue, but thats a known problem with uefi booting)

Wait! What is the sleep issue you are talking about? I'm asking because i had trouble with Wake from sleep but i could fix it myself.
and yes i agree with you. I'm also running a HD5770 with no problems at all and the entire system runs lot faster now.

Well what does your fix do and what does it fix? Our wake issue is that after about 30 seconds it auto reboots after wake.

Why would you not be able to post your fix here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back