Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7RB33C0963

This is for sale right now for even less than most of the new "PCs on a stick" that Intel and others are promoting for home and biz users. Problem is, they are woefully slow and under powered for running Windows 8.1 or 10.

I've got one of these with an E8400 and only 4GB of ram and it really flies with Win 10 installed.
This version has 8 GB of dual channel ram and the Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 which is faster.

This mini-itx system is much faster than the newer, made for Windows 10 laptops and desktops. Even more so if you were to install a new SSD. Completely toolless design, easy to work in for a mini-pc.

You have to use the integrated graphics with this as there is no PCI-e expansion. So you can install OS X but are limited to 1024 x 768 screen resolution. For Windows you can use either VGA or DP. For HDMI
get an inexpensive DP to HDMI adapter. You'll get full 1080p. This machine would have retailed
for well over 1,300 USD when new. Best part, doesn't use much desk space.

Fans are a little noisy due to small size. Can be swapped out for Noctua 60mm PWM fans. (4 pin). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1DR-002N-00002
Put one of these where the CPU cooler fan is and move that to the back fan spot.

A7RB_1308207035275281096TX2VECYzt.jpg0002696_hp-compaq-8000-elite-ultra-slim-desktop.jpeg
Sells for just $115 shipped @Newegg.com Only 9 x 10 inches square, 4 inches tall.
About 2x the volume of the current Mac Mini. Weighs about 6 lbs. as it is made out of thick steel.

Key difference, you get 4 USB ports + power button + headphone jack, in the front !
Forgot to mention the CD/DVD burner too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7RB33C0963

This is for sale right now for even less than most of the new "PCs on a stick" that Intel and others are promoting for home and biz users. Problem is, they are woefully slow and under powered for running Windows 8.1 or 10.

I've got one of these with an E8400 and only 4GB of ram and it really flies with Win 10 installed.
This version has 8 GB of dual channel ram and the Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 which is faster.

This mini-itx system is much faster than the newer, made for Windows 10 laptops and desktops. Even more so if you were to install a new SSD. Completely toolless design, easy to work in for a mini-pc.

You have to use the integrated graphics with this as there is no PCI-e expansion. So you can install OS X but are limited to 1024 x 768 screen resolution. For Windows you can use either VGA or DP. For HDMI
get an inexpensive DP to HDMI adapter. You'll get full 1080p. This machine would have retailed
for well over 1,300 USD when new. Best part, doesn't use much desk space.

Fans are a little noisy due to small size. Can be swapped out for Noctua 60mm PWM fans. (4 pin). http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1DR-002N-00002
Put one of these where the CPU cooler fan is and move that to the back fan spot.

View attachment 177222View attachment 177223
Sells for just $115 shipped @Newegg.com Only 9 x 10 inches square, 4 inches tall.
About 2x the volume of the current Mac Mini. Weighs about 6 lbs. as it is made out of thick steel.

Key difference, you get 4 USB ports + power button + headphone jack, in the front !
Forgot to mention the CD/DVD burner too.

I am planning to buy a 8300 USDT with i3-3225 (HD4000), but I am uncertain about one thing. The machine has ALC221. I want to use it as a home server, connecting it to the AVR with a DisplayPort-HDMI cable without the audio jack. Do I need to make the ALC221 work with VoodooHDA or anything else or not in this case? Will the audio work on the DisplayPort-HDMI (I know it transmits audio signal as part of the standard) cable without ALC221?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back