ati
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I'm new to Hackintosh and just tried to install Mavericks (10.9.1) to a Dell Precision T7400,

cpu : 2x Intell Xeon 2,66 Ghz
ram : 16 Go DDR2
gpu : NVidia Quadro FX 4600

I installed OSX with the Unibeast method, nothing wrong (I just had to plug the HDD to the SATA port instead of the SAS controller).
I used then Multibeast with DSDT Free option + i had a Kext for my ethernet with Kext Wizard,

After the first reboot, i had this lovely message :
"still waiting for root device"
the line before is
"usbmsc identifier non-unique"

I tried the npci:0x2000, 0x3000, graphicsenabler on/off .... nothing work

I also have to say that i have no problem to boot in safe mode with -x,
i just get stuck after the PCI config end, at the last step of boot process when i use the normal mode ...
So i deduce it's probably a Kext problem but I'm quite stuck in here ...

EDIT :

I also removed this files
"IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext"
"IOUSBfamily.kext"

It seems to SOLVE the "USBMSC" problem and step over the "still waiting ..." thing

BUT I'm now stuck with another KP :

"panic(cpu 1 caller 0xff ..." waiting for the next ...
if i try the cpus=1 :
"panic(cpu 0 caller 0xff ..." waiting for the next ...

I looked for explanations and as far as i understand the error it seems to be a NVRam error related to the GPU,
What is the best thing to do ? Trying to remove the gpu ? (would be a problem, i have no VGA plug on my screens ... and i need this gnu for cuda coding)

As I removed the IOUSBfamily i'm not able to login in -x mode ( removed usb keyboard driver :banghead:)
So i'm gonna make a new usb key in order to replace it and then try some other options ...

Hi again,

so after many manipulations, i'm still stuck with this KP,

I focused the kext that produced the 'still waiting for root device' > "IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext"
So I removed it (i have to bring it back sometimes in order to access my usb key, but in -x mode)

then the KP, I supposed that it was because the GPU wasn't correctly supported so i added the kext :
"NVENABLER" (from http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1322-nvenabler/)
In verbose mode I see the correct detection of the GPU (Quadro FX 4600), it goes for few (a lot of lines but you know -v mode) more instructions about the Nvidia acceleration activation etc, then ...... wait for it ......
IT CRASHES AGAIN
but something changed, the black square doesn't expand anymore (i can't see the KP message...)

IMG_0153.jpg

Up

anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back