Contribute
Register

USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 0x5e3 0x723 0x9451 (10.8.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
MSI GTX 650 Dual DVi
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
As the title says, on boot I get a 15 second pause (viewing from Verbose) at this line:

USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 0x5e3 0x723 0x9451

Directly below it is:

ITEIT87x: found ITE IT8728F

usbmsc-dick.jpg

To cut a long story short.

• Lots of recent ML problems, some related to a bad HDD.
• Erase and install of ML, install hangs as described above - but does boot fine.
• My original ML install back when it was released did not have this problem - but - I've been imaging that copy of the OS across onto various drives and it's displaying various bugs.

Will changing from the F12 bios to UEFI bios help? I'm running a Z68X-UD3H-B3 with DSDT.

And does anyone, anyone know wtf this error is, hours of searching results in nothing solid and no good fixes.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

:D

In response to the overwhelming amount of info and help I've decided to do the following to fix the problem:

nothing

I'll wait until I can afford an SSD then it'll boot so quick I won't even notice.

Or 10.8.2 wil fix it.

Maybe.

Thanks

;-)

I did, removed any USB devices plugged in once I'd selected Verbose mode from Chimera, might be worth booting with all devices removed from power on and see if makes any difference.

Just a printer, Apple KB and Mouse though.

Thanks

Well, if you read the post on the Apple support forums, you would've noticed that the last post mentions his printer being the problem, so worth a try unhooking it and see what happens.

Can you post your boot.plist contents?

I managed to get my machine to stop displaying the error and boot within two spins of the running gear (kernel wheel) - granted I'm running an SSD drive.

Thanks

Try this:

Boot into Safe Mode and delete the OemSMBIOS.kext from the Plugins directory of the FakeSMC.kext and rebuild caches, everything will work fine afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back