3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You think it would be possible to port the NEC D720200F1 and Marvell 9128 chips Gigabyte uses in it X58 mobos?

kDawg said:
You think it would be possible to port the NEC D720200F1 and Marvell 9128 chips Gigabyte uses in it X58 mobos?

Yeah, lets do it...

At the very least, these will be supported the day we release a public beta o_O :lol:

Lnx2Mac said:
kDawg said:

Yeah, lets do it...

At the very least, these will be supported the day we release a public beta o_O :lol:
I've been trying to dig up Linux drivers for them but haven't had much luck. I have a feeling some NEC drivers will show up soon as I see lots of third party vendors wanting to release USB3 stuff and NEC seems to be the only supplier of USB3 chips right now.

Sounds like these guys have developed USB 3.0 drivers for Mac- unless I misunderstand... However they are proprietary and optimized for specific technology (supposedly).

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/08/cald ... ing-on-pe/

It might be something to check out, somewhere to start...

However, I'm really much more interested in the sata 3.0 drivers... Right now the controller is working but it is only negotiating the speed at 1.5Gbps :( I don't know if it's because I've got it in a RAID-0 config or why it's doing that... But I would be happy if I could just get that up to 3.0- although 6.0 would be fantastic!

There's been a lot or press relating to this CalDigit USB3 card but they haven't yet posted drivers for it. Hopefully someone who's already purchased one of these cards will post the driver. I'd be willing to bet it's for the NEC chip.

Apparently, that Caldigit USB3 driver only work for their own products. For other brand, USB is downgraded to USB2, even if the NEC chipset is the same (that seems to be the only one available USB3 chipset now).

I hope someone will break this dumb protection (or release a driver) soon for my onboard USB3 :p

azala said:
Apparently, that Caldigit USB3 driver only work for their own products. For other brand, USB is downgraded to USB2, even if the NEC chipset is the same (that seems to be the only one available USB3 chipset now).

I hope someone will break this dumb protection (or release a driver) soon for my onboard USB3 :p
Even if the driver is written for their hardware specifically, if it is a NEC chipset then we should be able to add other device IDs to it and hopefully get some USB3 functionality out of it. But we need someone to buy one of those cards before we can do anything.

The CalDigit USB 3.0 driver is in the Hard Disc.If you buy only their card you can't get the driver.The driver is in the 1 TB or 2 TB HDDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back