Contribute
Register

USB Wireless Adapters for Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma

Me too, and when using the Network link in Settings, the T3U Plus shows as not connected...tried all of my usb ports.
I had to keep plugging it into different USB ports until I finally found one I'd left as dual personality (both HS & SS) in my USB port mapping. Then it finally showed up as a device, but only as HS.. which I take to mean it's operating at only USB 2 speeds. Other devices plugged into that same port switch to the port's SS personality, but the T3U only says HS, as seen in the attached screenshot. Now it appears as connected in Network settings.

Attachments

• IMG_2421.png
    IMG_2421.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2422.jpeg
    IMG_2422.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 129
I went with the OCLP/ Broadcom fix method, worked the first try, though with the caveat of FireFox/ TOR not working...

This Fenvi USB wireless adapter is on sale at Newegg for $9.49 for a limited time. Works with the Chris1111 method.
Screen Shot 21.jpg

1703210113765.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Can also confirm that the driver available for download from the manufacturer's website does NOT work.
These drivers from EDUP only work through 10.15.3 after that, no macOS support. It's why we must use the Chris1111 method for Ventura and Sonoma.

Confirmed that the EDUP EP-AC1686 works
That is another Realtek 8812BU chipset based wifi adapter from EDUP. They sell many with various model names. Thanks for reporting this. Added to the list in post #1.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@oli.mathieu It looks like the # for that post has changed to 54 after some were removed from the thread for being OT.

Last edited:
@oli.mathieu It looks like the # for that post has changed to 54 after some were removed from the thread for being OT.

Good Catch
thanks

Has anyone had issues using these drivers where your connection says connected but there is no internet?

Back