Contribute
Register

USB Wireless Adapters for Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma

For everyone who knows the T3U Plus wifi installation.
I decided to go easy with TP-Link Archer T3U Plus for my Monterey and Ventura macOS.

And Follow this step of Chris111's guide.
It MUST disable the SIP (System Integrity Protection) in macOS before installing the kext, am I right !

I have 2 questions :
Q1:
Is the SIP need to be disable forever then able to use the Archer T3U Plus wifi?
YES or NO

Q2: After success install the kext then can enable back the SIP and the Archer T3U Plus Wifi still work great?
YES or NO

Anyone knows it and tell me before I buy?
Q1: no, for installation only.
Q2: yes, after installation, sip enabled and wifi working.

Q1: no, for installation only.
Q2: yes, after installation, sip enabled and wifi working.
@dgs57
Thanks for your sharing.
I am gonna get the T3U Adapter as yours recommended easy to go with it.
What I should do is to download the latest release kext from (Latest Version going so fast, now up to v17)
https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter

Boot into Recovery mode.
  1. csrutil disable

Is the above steps by steps are all correct for Monterey and even Ventura macOS?

Last edited:
Is the above steps by steps are all correct for Monterey and even Ventura macOS?
Even Sonoma ! Chris put it right there in bold letters...

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Broadcom PCIe cards have lost support in Sonoma so using Realtek USB wifi via the Chris1111 method is another option no one seems to using right now. It's less complicated than the OCLP root patching as far as I can tell.

I fully agree with Trs96. There is no need to complicate your life with OCLP, if you have the possibility of using simpler alternative methods

Last edited:
Yeah.
I have read post that the T3U Adapter is providing great wifi signal and the download speed is quite in good. Also the connection is stable al time.
Avoid disconnect and reconnect itself.

Due to My router isn't near my Hackintosh. I need a strong signal to receive the incoming network for downloading and stable the network for my Monterey and Ventura.

Just thinking the step of disable SIP is correct or incorrect.
Or you guys got any better wifi option?

Last edited:
@kenwsf Have you thought you might be better served using an Ethernet cable, or a pair of Powerline units to provide internet access to your hack?

Maybe running an ethernet cable isn't feasible where you live. However, the alternative Powerline units are much better than WiFi, if the router is some distance from the Hack.

My son used numerous Powerline kits when he was at University, as he had the same issue, weak WiFi in his bedroom(s) where his MBP and Hack were located. He used a number of kits as he kept giving the kits to his girl friends each time he moved house, didn't matter to him as I was paying for them!

Something like the TP-Link TL-PA717 Kit might solve your issues. These starter kits cost round £30 in the UK.

You can also get PowerLine kits that include WiFi capabilities, but they tend to cost more than the Wired only kits. Also the current units have limited WiFi capabilities (n).

TP-Link have a couple of newer kits 'coming soon' that are supposed to provide much faster WiFi speeds.

The Pass-through kits/units cost more again, as they allow you to pass the electrical current through the unit to serve another device from the same electrical socket.

@Stork Yes, those Powerline adapters would be much better than the starter kit I linked.

@kenwsf Have you thought you might be better served using an Ethernet cable, or a pair of Powerline units to provide internet access to your hack?

Maybe running an ethernet cable isn't feasible where you live. However, the alternative Powerline units are much better than WiFi, if the router is some distance from the Hack.

My son used numerous Powerline kits when he was at University, as he had the same issue, weak WiFi in his bedroom(s) where his MBP and Hack were located. He used a number of kits as he kept giving the kits to his girl friends each time he moved house, didn't matter to him as I was paying for them!

Something like the TP-Link TL-PA717 Kit might solve your issues. These starter kits cost round £30 in the UK.

You can also get PowerLine kits that include WiFi capabilities, but they tend to cost more than the Wired only kits. Also the current units have limited WiFi capabilities (n).

TP-Link have a couple of newer kits 'coming soon' that are supposed to provide much faster WiFi speeds.

The Pass-through kits/units cost more again, as they allow you to pass the electrical current through the unit to serve another device from the same electrical socket.

@Edhawk
Thanks for your suggestion, appreciated.
I was thinking using the TP Link power-line Extender as those Power Line you shared.

But, I have just bought the wifi adapter that most Hackintosh users recommended to me.
I wish to try one more time and let see this will solve my problem in Monterey and Ventura or NOT.

Will come back to report the results. Hope it's working.

Back