Contribute
Register

USB Wireless Adapters for Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura and Sonoma

With Monterey it works great.
Cham I don't know what it is.
@dgs57
Thanks sharing your experience for the tp link t3u plus.
I should go and get it for my Monterey.
And special kext for this usb WiFi ?

I was using Fenvi t919, WiFi is working but the connection so unstable and network speed drop so many. The 5GHz might not work sometimes too.

For Bluetooth is working well.

@dgs57
Thanks sharing your experience for the tp link t3u plus.
I should go and get it for my Monterey.
And special kext for this usb WiFi ?

I was using Fenvi t919, WiFi is working but the connection so unstable and network speed drop so many. The 5GHz might not work sometimes too.

For Bluetooth is working well.
Go easy on T3u plus with Monterey.
To install the kexts you have to follow step by step Chris1111's guide detailed here: https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter.
I confirm that with the Fenvi-T919 card I encountered the same malfunctions you highlighted while the BT works.
As for Charm I can't tell you; I do not use it.

Hi, I've retired the Fenvi and EDUP USB wireless sticks, I no longer use them, I think they only worked up to Monterey.
Hi, so what is your WiFi for your Hackintosh? And what macOS version with your current WiFi adapter ?

Hi, so what is your WiFi for your Hackintosh? And what macOS version with your current WiFi adapter ?
I’m using Intel Wi-Fi in Ventura 13.5, haven’t got it working in Sonoma yet.

Go easy on T3u plus with Monterey.
To install the kexts you have to follow step by step Chris1111's guide detailed here: https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Big-Sur-Adapter.
I confirm that with the Fenvi-T919 card I encountered the same malfunctions you highlighted while the BT works.
As for Charm I can't tell you; I do not use it.
Yes.
The Fenvi T919 network signal is so weak. The Connection is so unstable, and it’s always disconnecting and reconnecting. It will make the Monterey macOS performance slow while keep reconnecting.

And the 5GHz is not able to connect.
Only easy able to connect 2.4GHz and
Download speed drop so much.

Not recommended to use this pci for Hackintosh.
For BT is fine.

For everyone who knows the T3U Plus wifi installation.
I decided to go easy with TP-Link Archer T3U Plus for my Monterey and Ventura macOS.

And Follow this step of Chris111's guide.
It MUST disable the SIP (System Integrity Protection) in macOS before installing the kext, am I right !

I have 2 questions :
Q1:
Is the SIP need to be disable forever then able to use the Archer T3U Plus wifi?
YES or NO

Q2: After success install the kext then can enable back the SIP and the Archer T3U Plus Wifi still work great?
YES or NO

Anyone knows it and tell me before I buy?

Last edited:
Now the system evolved to Monterey.
And it still works.
I believe these adapters are Realtek chipset based so they should keep working. N150 speeds are going to be a lot slower than an AC adapter but if you just need basic wifi at lower speeds it's a good low budget option.

A few years ago I bought a cheap USB WiFi adapter ( Edimax 7811Un ) for some Linux tests :

This adapter, one more time, ended in a Catalina Hack ... also for tests. Now the system evolved to Monterey.
And it still works.

Q1 > A1 : Before installing the drivers, boot in Recovery mode, in Utlities open a terminal window and run :
# csrutil status
# csrutil disable
# reboot

After logging into the system , open a terminal window and run :

$ sudo spctl --master-disable
$ spctl --status

Now install the drivers. Two kexts will be installed in the EFI partition of the drive, config.plist will be updated.

Insert the USB adapter and reboot the system.

Test your wireless system.

Q2 > A2 : After everything is working well, repeat the steps above in reverse order :

Being in the running system run:

# spctl --status
# sudo spctl --master-enable
# spctl --status

Reboot the system, choose Recovery mode.
In Utilities, open a terminal :

# csrutil status
# csrutil enable
# reboot

Enjoy your new WiFi connection.
Hope it helps as a blue print.

Remember : Everything above was achieved using an old Edimax USB wiFi adapter.

Cheers.
Thanks for teaching me the step by step.
It’s clear.

But I am going to get T3U adapter so is the guide doing the same step?
Anyone

Last edited:
Back