Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GAZ9-7P-D3
CPU
i7 4th gen
Graphics
gtx 780
hi
is there any working USB wifi dongle for mac os Catalina? on my dual boot Hackintosh, I have a network card installed that works with windows. but I am looking for a USB method for my Hackintosh. there are lots of dongles on amazon that doesn't work with Catalina.
thanks.

but can you name specific one for Catalina that works out of the box? i already have GitHub account.
thanks.

None of USB wifi dongle works out of the box so you need mac driver for it. That's why I gave you the link.

ok, I made it work, the dongle I am using Archer T2U micro version, the guide seems to be suggesting nano version. then original cd driver says this version of OS not supported as expected. the wifi also not showing up when opening network option, the wifi symbol appears on the top bar.
my mac OS version is Catalina 10.15.1. the speed looks a bit slower than my experience with windows but still fast enough.

usb_wifi.jpg
next need to set the Bluetooth too. the one with the PCI network card doesn't work. I have this Iogear GBU521 - Bluetooth 4.0 USB - Micro Adapter, heard somewhere they work, or the link to the working dongles and guides will be nice. just can't use a mac without a magic trackpad, don't care about the magic mouse. Logitech works better for the wireless mouse.
thanks.

Attachments

• usb_wifi.jpg
    usb_wifi.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,246
EDUP EP-DB1607. I bought this to work with Mojave but stopped working on Catalina. Edup home page has new driver now for Catalina. Its a Realtek" driver and so could work with other dongles. Got wifi working again for me. Bought from Aliexpress for $10 I think. called Realtek Mac 10.15 Driver on http://www.szedup.com/support/driver-download/

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 20.22.22.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 20.22.22.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,249
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back