AMD RX560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

Yesterday I updated my Hackintosh from 10.15.4 to 10.15.6 and my USB ports no longer work.
I've spent a whole day figuring out what's wrong and tried different configs, but nothing works.

Specifications:
HP Pavilion 595-p0029B
motherboard: Lincs (Intel H370 chipset)
Memory: 16 GB
graphics: AMD RX560

Hope someone could help me.

Kind regards,

Hello,

Yesterday I updated my Hackintosh from 10.15.4 to 10.15.6 and my USB ports no longer work.
I've spent a whole day figuring out what's wrong and tried different configs, but nothing works.

Specifications:
HP Pavilion 595-p0029B
motherboard: Lincs (Intel H370 chipset)
Memory: 16 GB
graphics: AMD RX560

Hope someone could help me.

Kind regards,

Thanks but I already read this.
The biggest problem is my USB Keyboard and mouse aren't recognized anymore so I can boot but that's it.

The biggest problem is my USB Keyboard and mouse aren't recognized anymore so I can boot but that's it.
then you may need updated port limit patches, then do you usb ports properly and you won't have this issue on further updates

then you may need updated port limit patches, then do you usb ports properly and you won't have this issue on further updates
This patch is included in my config. Really weird cause 10.15.4 was working fine.

This patch is included in my config. Really weird cause 10.15.4 was working fine.
When you properly create your USB ssdt, you’ll no longer need to use the port limit patch, which doesn’t remain the same anyways since Apple sometimes changes things. In other words, those of us who properly mapped our USB ports using a SSDT never had the problem you’re having with 10.15.5+.

When you properly create your USB ssdt, you’ll no longer need to use the port limit patch, which doesn’t remain the same anyways since Apple sometimes changes things. In other words, those of us who properly mapped our USB ports using a SSDT never had the problem you’re having with 10.15.5+.
Thank you. Once I have a port working I can try to map this correctly. I'm still testing other configurations but no succes so far.

If you have a bootable backup of 10.15.4 you can try to boot to that and follow the usb guide to do the kext, put it in the boot EFI for 10.15.6 and you should be okay.

If you have a bootable backup of 10.15.4 you can try to boot to that and follow the usb guide to do the kext, put it in the boot EFI for 10.15.6 and you should be okay.
I got some time machine backups but can't boot to recovery to get back to an older version. I've tried to make a new bootable usb installer and reinstall it (but the App Store gives me only the latest version). I'm downloading 10.15.4 right now. Hopefully I can boot into that one.
I don't mind wiping the entire disk. All my importent data is on my NAS or in iCloud.

I went back to an old EFI backup (one I used before I had the RX560). USB is working fine now and I followed the USB configuration guide. The only difference with this old EFI and the one that failed was the SMBIOS.
Thanks everyone for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back