Contribute
Register

USB stop working all together when I'm just web browsing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, did this setting fix it?

I'm learning how to write/code/fix SSDTs, but progress is slow.

Hi @rogue0n3 ,
The BIOS setting didn't fix it, but I found out what was causing it.
I had a pci Wifi + Bluetooth card, and the problem was coming from the Bluetooth
The bluetooth was connected to the USB Header on the motherboard and since I unplug it (and switch to a usb bluetooth dongle), the problem never happen again. (like almost 2 months since)

Hope it help :)

Thanks for this! Very interesting!

I came back to post another finding - LG 5K monitor over TB3 AIC card stopped working as USB hub, and since then there were no issues. I still have "native" Bluetooth/Wifi connected into USB header, and working just fine.

Am thinking, maybe it's one of recent macOS updates that actually did something useful?

Right. Tried to disconnect TB3 AIC card (USB) but it just won't power on (and so shows nothing on the 5K monitor) in that case.

So most likely I'll need to keep TB3 AIC card connected to both headers on the motherboard (TB and USB) and figure out what's causing the issue.

I also repaced Fenvi card with a more recent native Wifi+Bluetooth variety, but still got the USB hang issue after just one day.

I'm having the same problem which _might_ be chrome related. I found this extension to disable web usb:

Notice we all have z390s and RX580s.... just sayin.

Still getting the errors, maybe once a month. Wonder if there are any logs to look into? Similar to the on-boot debug messages.

I contemplated the idea of USB headers disconnecting intermittently, but don't think that's that - because immediately after power cycle and without any physical intervention the system starts working and may stay this way for many weeks.

I've switched to OpenCore in the recent month - this simplified some things but haven't fixed this pesky USB problem yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back