Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

Got a brand new build working. GA-H55m-UD2H with i5-760. everything is working fine - audio, video card, etc,.

However, after a few boots the USB ports become funky. :eek:

It will work for: (wired) keyboard, (wired) mouse, usb-wireless stick, and a 8gb USB flash drive. oh, and the wireless usb connector for wireless keyboard/mouse set.

It will not recognize: external HDD that connects via a USB cable, either regular USB, Mini or Micro USB. Powered or not. It will not read camera, camcorder.

I tried every usb port - first test it with hardware (like a keyboard), see it work, then plug in the drive. no reaction. :banghead:

I thought it might be a cord problem. tried with 4 different cords. no difference.

I tried the old clean extensions cache script that used to be a problem back in the Kalaway installed 10.5.2 - which the USB become inactive after a while. Didn't do any good. :?:

Anyone got an idea? I appreciated all inputs!!

I am having the exact problem. Same MB, but with a i3-540. Mouse and Keyboard work, but the usb bluetooth dongle doesn't work after the 10.6.8 update. It did work with the clean 10.6.3 install, but the update broke it and I can't get it to work anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Edit:
So not sure what changed, but after installing a few programs (VUZE, FCP), not messing with anything else, the BT decided to work when I plugged it in again. Not sure why, I haven't restarted since my original post either. I will try that later and see if it keeps working but it is time for sleep.

Update 2: After restarting from last night, the bluetooth is now functioning properly and recognized in OSX. Not sure what changed, it just seemed to take a little time?

One question for you tcsearth. How did you get the audio to work?

Edit: I did get the audio to work by installing a universal one from multibeast, but now I am dealing with another issue.

After booting up and using the computer for 20-30min, the screen will bring up the notification that I must hold down the power button and restart and I can't do anything but restart. I rebuilt all of the caches and thought maybe that would be good, but it keeps doing it. I do have a GTX 260 that I need to get fully operational, could that be causing a problem with the kexts and causing the reboots?

SlaterGS said:
One question for you tcsearth. How did you get the audio to work?

Edit: I did get the audio to work by installing a universal one from multibeast, but now I am dealing with another issue.

my audio? I remember just using the one in the multibeast, but I vividly remember I also tried another one just for the HD-Audio; I guess one or both of them worked fine.... :eek: for more info it should be in one of my first few posts here...

After booting up and using the computer for 20-30min, the screen will bring up the notification that I must hold down the power button and restart and I can't do anything but restart. I rebuilt all of the caches and thought maybe that would be good, but it keeps doing it. I do have a GTX 260 that I need to get fully operational, could that be causing a problem with the kexts and causing the reboots?

Cannot say for sure what caused the force restart; but from my experience 90% chance it is the graphics card. :thumbup:

Does your i3 have GPU? (mine i5 does not) If so try use the on board DVI port. and if your problem is gone - you for shure' have a graphics card issue.

I built a few osx86. I would say everytime I waste 80% on the damn graphics card...... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back