i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I redid the thermal paste on my CPU and GPU and when I restarted all hell broke loose. I got most everything back to normal (had to reconfigure my BIOS) but there are two side-by-side USB ports that are screwing things up if I have anything plugged into either of them.

What happens when something is plugged in to one of those ports: I get to my Opencore boot screen but my keyboard doesn't work. I wait for the boot to happen after my set delay time and it boots into Windows…but my default is Monterey.

This thing was working perfectly before. I suspect there's a BIOS setting that I don't remember.

Anyone have an idea?

If you reset the Nvram, the default OC boot drive will have switched to the Windows drive. You need to select the macOS drive and hold the ctrl key while pressing enter. This will switch the default OC boot drive to the macOS drive. Assuming you have the Security > AllowSetDefault option enabled in your config.plist. See screenshot below.

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 23.37.39.png
Enable this option and you can set the default boot drive in the OC GUI or picker list.

Alternatively you can use the System Preferences > StartUp Disk option to select the startup disk for OpenCore.

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 23.40.44.png

No idea what is happening with your USB ports. Too little information to even make an educated guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back