Graphics
GTX 1080 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have to boot my USB with graphicsenabler=no to actually get to the first install screen of the installation (scrolling various languages for "Welcome"), But from there, the USB doesn't work at all. Wireless & wired laser mouse doesn't respond to anything. Has anyone had a solution already? Please link me if you have this handy.

I'm on Evga Motherboard: EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i
Evga SLI: Geforce 9800GTX+ x 2
with 4GB of DDR2 Ram 1066mhz and using a memorex 8gb usb drive.

I'm just stuck here at the moment.

The usual cause of USB not working at that point in the installation process is a bootloader incompatible with your hardware. If you are using iBoot, you might try iBoot Legacy or rBoot.

I was just using the Unibeast guide and my copy of Lion. Is there a way to insert or load the right kext for the logitech usb wireless keyboard & mouse or the laser mouse for the installation to continue(be able to click the next button)?

Or would I have to resort to a PS2 mouse?

I must admit I have been using the rBoot/XMove method as I have the CD and thumb drive that I know works.

I couldn't find the specs on your board, it is possible that the USB chipset is not supported, you could try a PS/2 mouse if you have one. Some folks have had luck connecting a USB mouse through a powered hub...when it appears the mouse isn't getting power.

What I would do is try to find the specific USB chipsest in the manual or fuller spec's and see if they are supported. If not you might have better luck either trying the rBoot/XMove method or maybe you can try booting from an rBoot disk and selecting your installer on the existing thumb drive....not sure that will work, but you could try it.

I would also make sure that any USB options in BIOS are turned on......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back