Graphics
Intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had to upgrade my HD due to data corruption on my initial hard drive so I reinstalled SL with no issue on a new drive. Did a data migration of my previous data checked everything for restore. Rebooted the computer using iBoot CD after migration. I get an error related to software update needing Rosetta to be installed, I belive this has to do with my previous data. I restarted computer and rebooted using iBoot CD. Starts up fine and I log into computer. I attempted installing 10.6.7 update and Multi-beast. I get same error with software update needing Rosetta. I stop the 10.6.7 update and Multibeast and attempt installing Rosetta via Install DVD that I have on a USB drive. The moment I plug in the USB drive The screen Kernel panics, I power off the computer via power button. When the computer get's to OS X login screen my wireless KB and mouse via usb dongle are not working. I power off computer by power button and plug in a wired mouse. I watch as the mouse's red light stays illuminated all the way up to Chameleon and then when it switches to the gray OS X boot screen the red light turns off. I am thinking the OS is turning off USB somewhere during boot, Is there anything I can try short of re-installing OS again. I tried booting with -x switch but computer crashes during boot.

Hi elproducto,

I have no idea how you get around this without a fresh install.
I would do the following:

Reinstall as you did (sounds like it worked) and DON'T migrate your data.
You can copy it over later. And during the installation, when it comes to MulitBeast, check
IOUSBFamily Rollback located in Drivers&Bootloaders -> Kexts&Enablers -> Miscellaneous. This may solve your USB problems.

And for the future:
Please try to use the "Return" key sometimes and provide a bit more data about your hardware etc. :)

Good luck,
yrrr

Thanks for the help. I ended up reinstalling the OS over what was already installed. That worked to get past the USB issue. I used the following posting to get my computer at 100%:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=17273

I used different video as I have NVIDIA card.

Is there a work around for Chameleon not booting from drives that are larger than 1 TB. I made a 2TB Raid 1 using disk utility and was able to boot to it from iBoot CD but once Chameleon was installed on the drive it did not boot anymore.

Found this post through some googling and just wanted to say thanks! I was able to get back in with USB working by using the iboot cd used to install osx. From that I was able to apply the rollback and get things working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back