Contribute
Register

USB keyboard stops working on wake from sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU
3.4 i7
Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just got a new GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 and i7 to replace my UD3P & Xeon.
Everything seems to be working nicely except sleep -

I can sleep fine, when I wake the USB keyboard doesn't work until I unplug and re-plug it. Also, the display seems to take a very long time to wake, but eventually does.

Thoughts? dsdt is from tonymac's database. USB 3 drivers from multi beast, although I tried with stock usb and with mb usb, no difference.

So close to having a really badass hackintosh!

UPDATE: Seems if I wake the computer with the USB keyboard, it will wake (display still takes quite a while), but the keyboard stops working...if I wake with a USB mouse, it will wake, and keyboard works fine. I cannot wake with bluetooth mouse....also usb drives plugged in result in the "not properly ejected" message upon wake.

Also, when I sleep and wake, upon the next reboot, my BIOS settings have reverted to default and must be reset.

Also, it's an aluminum Apple keyboard I'm using, and I've read of others having issue with it...but no solutions mentioned.

What do I need to do - please help, and I'll return the favor whenever possible.

Extra/extensions contains:
ALC8xxHDA.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
OpenHaltRestart.kext

Boot plist is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ForceWake</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=X86_64</string>
<key>Rescan</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

i have the same problem...

Found a fix for the CMOS reset, which was really the most annoying bit - and the only thing preventing me from actually using sleep.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 92&st=220#

The rest is unresolved....USB device removal error, BT wake with Magic Mouse, Apple Keyboard disconnected if I wake with it, etc.

Heya, I was having the same problem with sleep, found that if I plug the keyboard and mouse into an external powered USB hub, I get use it immediately. I have not had a chance to rule out all possible reasons, but this seems to be making everything perfect. However, I am now having the problem that if I wake from sleep then shutdown, I get a kp as I click ok on shutdown

I've got a very similar issue on a GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3. Everything works great, except the USB ports don't seem to re-intialize on wake from sleep. The simplest solution, so far, has been to unplug and re-connect my keyboard and mouse, as this prompts the system to recognize them, but I'd still love a fully-functional system.

It was suggested to me in another post on these forums that the problem might be related to using the Realtek Gigabit Ehternet kext instead of the Lnx2Mac. Lnx2Mac doesn't (or didn't, I should check that...) support my board yet, but I don't know about yours. Are you using the Realtek kext?

Did anyone resolve the issue with the GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 not sleeping/waking properly? If so, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back