Contribute
Register

USB issues Haswell build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bound to happen sooner or later, I disagree.

The two ports should be set as Internal.

They are connected to a USB2 motherboard header, which a Bluetooth module would also connect through. The Bluetooth moduel would have a connector type of 'Internal', so these two case ports should have the same connector type.

Bottom entry on the table below states the ports should be Internal (255).

View attachment 553879

The two case ports are connected to a Proprietary connector. The case cables connect them to a pair of Type-A ports, but that is not what they need to work, for sleep, instant reboots etc. Without being set to 255 they will not work correctly in macOS.
but it is not an internal device that is plugged into it, your red border already explains that

Bound to happen sooner or later, I disagree.

The two ports should be set as Internal.

They are connected to a USB2 motherboard header, which a Bluetooth module would also connect through. The Bluetooth moduel would have a connector type of 'Internal', so these two case ports should have the same connector type.

Bottom entry on the table below states the ports should be Internal (255).

View attachment 553879

The two case ports are connected to a Proprietary connector. The case cables connect them to a pair of Type-A ports, but that is not what they need to work, for sleep, instant reboots etc. Without being set to 255 they will not work correctly in macOS.
Funny and much respect to both of you. I have to agree with @Feartech in that I have always set the case USB connections to either USB2 or USB3 depending. The only types I set as internal are, as you mention, things like bluetooth, USB onboard sound or RGB onboard controllers. That's always worked for me, it's possible an internal definition could work though too as I've never tested it.

I use Internal connector type for any USB2 Header connected device, and that’s always worked for me!

So where does that leave us, and more importantly the OP?

I use Internal connector type for any USB2 Header connected device, and that’s always worked for me!

So where does that leave us, and more importantly the OP?
the only reason you would may set that USB2.0 to internal were to be if you were going to be plugging in a bluetooth or wifi usb adaptor in that port, that would help with sleep issue

but assuming it is just a usb port (like the ones on the back of the motherboard), then it stands to reason that it should be set to USB2 as it is a USB2....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back