Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 20th Anniv. Mac
  3. Plus
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have the latest software OSX on my build with the DSDT for Bios F11 installed. Just about every time I cold start the boot looks at the CDROM drive (SATA DVD) then the SATA HD and does not boot. I press reset, the computer switches off then restarts with the normal POST and video driver coming on the screen and it all boots.

Sometimes once on and I reboot I have a POST error - No Keyboard detected... it halts and then reboots without the error.

Is there something weird going on with the interrupts? I am not sure but it may also be related to the graphics prob I am having I have posted in the Graphics forum.

Any clues from others?

I attach the multibeast install I use, I do not use NVEnabler as I was told this was not necessary.

Thanks,
Andy

Attachments

• MultibeastDSDT.jpg
    MultibeastDSDT.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 253
Hi,
I have a P55A UD4 mobo and I have exactly the same problem since I upgraded in 10.6.6.
The problem seems to come from a BIOS modification by SL as the keyboard is absent at the early steps of the boot (i.e. I cannot go in the bios setup !)
May be some modifications in the bios setup are needed but witch ones ?
I'm a perfect noob => I don't know => I hope in a geek's solution ! ;)

hi
It's me again. :wave:
I found a solution here :
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=11018&hilit=reboot+usb+fix
the problem comes from ethernet kext for me:
reinstall 10.6.6
MultiBeast without AppleRTL8169 ethernet kext
=> fixed the problem
now I have to find the way to make Ethernet works again !
As Rambo said : "I'll be back" :cool:

Hi there, thanks for your help. I removed the ethernet kext and used the new one suggested in your link. This has fixed the problem and ethernet works. However I still cannot boot straight from a cold start, I have to reset the computer and then it will boot into chameleon. If I don't do this it just keeps cycling through look at the dvd look at the hd and back and forth.

Thanks again.

Andybee said:
Hi there, thanks for your help. I removed the ethernet kext and used the new one suggested in your link. This has fixed the problem and ethernet works. However I still cannot boot straight from a cold start, I have to reset the computer and then it will boot into chameleon. If I don't do this it just keeps cycling through look at the dvd look at the hd and back and forth.

Thanks again.
Which kext are you referring to ? Realtek's official ?

Try mine: http://bit.ly/RTL81xx-kext

Hi using your one with you installer.

Thanks
A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back