Graphics
xfx radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My hack is working very well overall but I am having trouble with certain programs or usb devices.

For instance sometimes on boot my usb mouse (cheap logitech or microsoft one) can click but not move. I have to change ports or plug back into same port to get working. Not a biggy.

I bought a Logitech c270 webcam after people here reported it worked oob. It seems to crash my system in Skype very quickly into any audio call. Before I could have Skype open all day for text. Now it may have caused a crash just sitting open on idle.

I thought I saw a thread earlier on the 'Need to Restart screen of doom but did not come up in search.

I have the z68 ud5-b3 board from build #4. Should I avoid using some ports? I don't mind (for now) not having usb3 speed but I want stable usb ports.

Any ideas.

Other times I get this forced restart screen are with programs like Vuze or Frostwire. They function well but if I leave the computer idle for some time while they are running I typically find it has frozen when I come back.

Could this be related to power management somehow.

Maybe I should remove all non-essential usb's as a test but I already power off the external HD's unless I am using them. Really just my mouse, keyboard, cam, and printer.

Could use some help on this.

Hi!

I have exactly the same build as you. I just wanted to open a similar post, as I have the same problems as you.

Bitt*****t freezes the computer randomly.

Skype VoiceCalls freeze randomly as well. I've tried changing the microphone - USB vs Mini. Still keeps freezing on me...

I've tried several setups so far - I've unplugged stuff - to no effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
try adding a dsdt this usually solves this

stehor said:
try adding a dsdt this usually solves this

I've tried to add the USB Drivers to my Computer - but as soon as I do this I loose all control over my USB Devices.

I've got the same motherboard and just discovered this issue. Using a logitech c600, skype and ichat work fine for a bit then the entire system crashes.
Even if I did a voice only call in skype it crashed.
Not sure if it's related but iChat worked perfectly until i tried to move the video window.

Not much about this on the web so I'm guessing this is a hackintosh and perhaps Gigabyte ud5 issue.
I'm using an easybeast install. I had a custom DSDT but that broke everything.
This Mobo has not been an easy hack at all.

I think all the issues relate to the USB ports. The UD5 motherboard has bad controllers for OSX. But the question now is how to deal with that. Are some of the ports stable and others not? Can we add a PCI card to get around the issue? Does the Motherboard need to be subbed out?

FrostWire seems to be running stable for me now but Vuze crashes after a while. The skype problem is a pain.

If its crashing randomly its not really a Mac.

update:

Apparently VLI is working on an update driver to address this USB issue. Hopefully we will have an answer soon.

Keep checking in here and on this thread viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19465&start=20

That should resolve the Skype issue.

for the bit t*****t, as I said Frostwire is much more stable than others for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome will keep checking!
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back