Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I have 2 hackintosh systems, both in dual boot with Windows 10 and upgraded to Hsierra 10.13.5 and fully functional throughout.
On the one with Mobo Gigabyte z87x-ud3h, Intel i7-3770, graphics NVIDIA 1050 TI and monitor Philips 40" connected via DP I wanted to change the boot image from high Sierra to tonymacx86 and I used Multibeast 10.3 and I also injected the intended media for USB cards Series 7/8/9 -
Since then all the USB ports, both front and rear, no longer work.
Doing the boot work and make me choose Mac or win but after choosing Mac it starts everything regularly even with recognition graphics card but when you have to choose the user and enter the password all USB are without power and I can no longer continue in the absence of mouse and keyboard.
Same result if booting with USB installation High Sierra 10.13.5 created with Unibeast and on booting I choose to boot from the SSD High Sierra.
Is there a way to solve the problem of USB death without having to reinstall it all over again?
Thanks in advance for any helpful tip

I also followed di Pilgrim's advice:

""My Z77 board has been known to exhibit similar USB symptoms, try this.

Remove the power cable from the computer.
Press and hold in the power on button.
Wait 30 seconds.
Release the button.
Reattach the mains cable.
Power on and test.""

but there was no effect for me.

no hint, idea, trick to unlock the impasse of the system?

Hello Pilgrim,
I thank you heartily for your answer but I do not know how to proceed since, as I highlighted in my post, the system crashes in the home screen of High Sierra where to enter the access PSW without allowing me to use neither mouse nor keyboard and whether I do the Boot from SSD or USB Installer created with Unibeast.
Is there any other way to make the corrections you have suggested to me?
Can you tell me how?

Hello Pilgrim,
I thank you heartily for your answer
I have not answered you at all.
The post that you quoted has nothing whatever to do with your problem.

I do not know how to proceed since, as I highlighted in my post, the system crashes in the home screen of High Sierra where to enter the access PSW without allowing me to use neither mouse nor keyboard and whether I do the Boot from SSD or USB Installer created with Unibeast.
Is there any other way to make the corrections you have suggested to me?
Can you tell me how?

May require USBInjectAll.kext and/or GenericUSBXHCI.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.

I have not answered you at all.
The post that you quoted has nothing whatever to do with your problem.

May require USBInjectAll.kext and/or GenericUSBXHCI.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.

Hello Pilgrim, I don't understand. My problem is the one highlighted in my first post: I have the PC stuck for a stupided I did and I do not know how to do to unlock it.
Looking for some solution on this site I came across your suggestion last February, even if it didn't exactly concern my problem.
Now my question is: Is there a solution to unlock the USB ports and then make the changes to the config. plist or I have to reinstall all the OS?

Now my question is: Is there a solution to unlock the USB ports and then make the changes to the config. plist or I have to reinstall all the OS?
Impossible say without knowing what you did.

Impossible say without knowing what you did.
First I apologize for my English
Summary of my problem: trying to change with multibeast boot image to my high Sierra 10.13.5, before working perfectly, I mistakenly injected drivers for 7/8/9 Series usb support.
as a result I can choose at boot time of Clover, if from ssd or from usb Mac OS Installer, and I can insert/select various boot flags but after the completion of the white bar under the apple logo the pc loads the initial image with the request of the psw to access and at this point both keyboard and mouse, stuck in the upper left corner, stop running and turn off the red light of wired optical mouse plugged into any usb port.
the pc is so useless.
I repeat my request: Is there a solution to unlock the USB ports, start high Sierra and then make the changes to the config. plist or I have to reinstall all the OS?
Thanks for your time

Summary of my problem: trying to change with multibeast boot image to my high Sierra 10.13.5,
I have no idea what this means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back