2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had this on 2 machines now:
After a successful build on an OSX 10.10.3/GA-Z97X-UD5H/i7-4790/32GB DDRIII/GTX970, I get Freezes of the system when a usb device is connected (except KB and mouse). Its random and can happen after 1, or 30 min.

All the components are working fine - sound, the 2 Network cards, the GTX970 (via nVidia WebInstall).
I tried all combinations possible on the BIOS (F8), but still get these Freezes..

Any ideas here?

I have a similar configuration, except UD3H motherboard. I too have USB freeze issue, but only when USB3 devices are connected. It has no problem with USB 2 devices. There are modified USB kexts that solve this problem. In 10.10.2 i had no problem with even USB3. And then i updated OS to 10.10.3 and now i have this USB 3 problem. I am waiting for someone to post updated kext for 10.10.3 , or else i have to figure out a way to do the mod myself. check the below link.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhci/

By the way, i am loosing the audio when the system goes to sleep and wakes up after some 30 mins. Other than these two issues, my hacPro is rock solid.

THX for the quick reply. I get the sound issue too. think thy are connected..

This is happening also in 10.10.2 to me with same hardware.

Same exactly thing happening with my 10.10.3 build. My system is ga-z87x-ud4h/i7-4770k/16GB DDRIII/samsung 840 EVO 250GB. I use to have mavericks before and never had any issue, until my hard drive broke and i decide to update to new OS. Now, I'm stock with external HD and cannot use them. Anybody found solution to this problem, please help!

This is very strange. it looks like some USBIII drive will not freeze the system, while other will.
Also, the system will work well for 2 weeks before freezes will began...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back