CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
System is an ASUS PRIME Z370-A | i7-8700K | AMD RX 5700 | FENVI T919 Wireless and I'm on Sonoma 14.4.

My onboard Ethernet stopped working so I bought a Simplecom SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter (NU304). I have confirmed the USB 3.0 Ethernet dongle works through installing it on a Windows machine.

On macOS Sonoma 14.4 it shows up as shown below under USB Device Tree but under Network it does not show at all - see below (also I don't know what the Built-in serial port is and it can't be configured).

I have tried installing the macOS drivers from the Realtek website but no luck (they only go up to macos 10.15).

I have also tried adding the RealtekRTL8111-V2.4.2 kext in my EFI but I think that is only for PCI network cards ?

Would I have to add something to my config.plist to get the dongle to work ?

Any help appreciated.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 13.08.53.png

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 14.58.54.png
Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 15.01.20.png

Last edited:
Is the built-in ethernet not working on the motherboard?

EDIT, duh, I didn't read your post closely enough, lol...nvm..

Is the built-in ethernet not working on the motherboard?

EDIT, duh, I didn't read your post closely...nvm..

Yes. I have confirmed this by also installing Windows and it doesn't work with Windows as well. I have checked the BIOS and the built-in LAN is enabled.

Yes. I have confirmed this by also installing Windows and it doesn't work with Windows as well. I have checked the BIOS and the built-in LAN is enabled.

Have you tried different USB Ports? I just tried a USB-ETH adapter I have which happens to be RealTek based as well and it works just fine on Sonoma. Also, perhaps make sure that the Intelmausi kext is not enabled in OC.

Attachments

• USB-ETH.jpg
    USB-ETH.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 9
Have you tried different USB Ports? I just tried a USB-ETH adapter I have which happens to be RealTek based as well and it works just fine on Sonoma. Also, perhaps make sure that the Intelmausi kext is not enabled in OC.
Thanks. Will try that. Do I just delete the Intelmausi kext from my EFI/Kexts folder ?

How do I disable the Intelmausi kext in OC ?

Thanks. Will try that. Do I just delete the Intelmausi kext from my EFI/Kexts folder ?

How do I disable the Intelmausi kext in OC ?

Don't delete it unless you delete it from the config.plist as well...Otherwise just set the "Enabled" line in the config.plist to "NO".

Ok thanks. Will give it a go. I have also tried different ports.

I disabled the Intelmausi kext in OC but no luck. i also tried the other USB ports and no luck. If i try another USB port do I have to reboot to test it ?

I disabled the Intelmausi kext in OC but no luck. i also tried the other USB ports and no luck. If i try another USB port do I have to reboot to test it ?
Nah, you shouldn’t need to. I only said to try another port just in case your USB kext wasn’t setup correctly but if the ports are working otherwise that probably won’t be the issue. Not sure what’s causing the problem. Mine works with no driver, etc.

Nah, you shouldn’t need to. I only said to try another port just in case your USB kext wasn’t setup correctly but if the ports are working otherwise that probably won’t be the issue. Not sure what’s causing the problem. Mine works with no driver, etc.

OK thanks.

Back