Contribute
Register

USB Driver Changed Again - PB6

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, what about a small UI? (I say as a software developer ;)

If a user said "I actually have 6 USB3 ports and 2 USB2 ports" or whatever, could a tool then look at whatever IOReg is reading and compare what you say you have with what the system is presently reporting and decide on the correct adjustments to make? Or is it still going to come down to "try 'this' and see if your USB devices work at high or low speed and after sleep/wake and if not try 'that' instead"?

Some of the work must be done by trial/error. Port assignment is the issue, so knowing the number of ports doesn't really help that much.

Hi sir can you please help me i have a GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 and all of my usb ports work great in usb2 but won't load the usb3 xhci. It works perfect under yosemite i don't fully under stand what to do what do i rename??. I checked the system and doesn't look like the usbxhci gets loaded and this would explain why I'm only working in usb2 and not usb3. Please help me thanks very much :)

Hi sir can you please help me i have a GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 and all of my usb ports work great in usb2 but won't load the usb3 xhci. It works perfect under yosemite i don't fully under stand what to do what do i rename??. I checked the system and doesn't look like the usbxhci gets loaded and this would explain why I'm only working in usb2 and not usb3. Please help me thanks very much :)

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Hi rehabman

Is it possible to be more selective with the dsdt patch for wake on usb?

Ie disable wake on usb for usb3 ports only?

So usb2 can still wake the system up?

Matt

Hi rehabman

Is it possible to be more selective with the dsdt patch for wake on usb?

Ie disable wake on usb for usb3 ports only?

So usb2 can still wake the system up?

Matt

No. All _PRWs with the same GPE index must be disabled for it to work. And I don't think you can remap to a different GPE as the GPE is either hardwired or controlled via some register in the chipset. It may be possible to remap by tweaking something in the chipset... that would require reading a bit more of the chipset datasheet and doing some experiments.

How is your progress going with determining which USBs are actually used..??

That's tonight's job.

I remember the red and green but I couldn't remember where the actual port address was listed.

Matt

That's tonight's job.

I remember the red and green but I couldn't remember where the actual port address was listed.

Matt

_ADR in the node's properties on right hand side...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back