Contribute
Register

USB Driver Changed Again - PB6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman thanks for the detailed response. I'll read up some more on all this. I'd like to develop a more in depth knowledge of how my hack works, but I think I'll stay away from "fancy" solutions for now until I learn some more.

i appreciate your suggestions in what to study up on to learn some more. Thanks.

@ rehabman

could you explain what I'm trying to achieve by building this new port injector, and how it will be different to the previous one? Ultimately will it hopefully mean that I will be able to turn wake on usb back on?

how is the injector I built last night looking?

Thanks as always.

matt

@ rehabman

could you explain what I'm trying to achieve by building this new port injector, and how it will be different to the previous one? Ultimately will it hopefully mean that I will be able to turn wake on usb back on?

how is the injector I built last night looking?

Thanks as always.

matt

With the new injector, unused ports will not be active in the ioreg.

The one in #309 looks fine (although you might want to fix XCH vs. XHC in the personality name).

How did it test? Confirm with ioreg.

I be home in a couple of hours so I'll test it then.

Im guessing that I should test with the previous dsdt, the one where everything worked but it woke up by itself when there was a usb3 device plugged in. Before you removed 'wake on usb' from the dsdt.

mstt

I be home in a couple of hours so I'll test it then.

Im guessing that I should test with the previous dsdt, the one where everything worked but it woke up by itself when there was a usb3 device plugged in. Before you removed 'wake on usb' from the dsdt.

mstt

I didn't do the _PRW patch for disabling "wake on USB"... you did.

But to answer your question, yes.

OK, reverted back to DSDT that enables all ports to work correctly, USB2 USB3 etc .
However with this DSDT my hack automatically wakes from sleep when there is a USB3 device plugged in.

ioreg from before installing injector, and after.

Symptoms are the same after installing injector, All ports work, however it wakes up from sleep when there is a USB3 device plugged in.

Matt

Attachments

• Matt’s iMac - after install.ioreg
    2.4 MB · Views: 120
  • Matt’s iMac - before install.ioreg
    2.3 MB · Views: 97
  • USB_injector.kext.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 91
OK, reverted back to DSDT that enables all ports to work correctly, USB2 USB3 etc .
However with this DSDT my hack automatically wakes from sleep when there is a USB3 device plugged in.

ioreg from before installing injector, and after.

Symptoms are the same after installing injector, All ports work, however it wakes up from sleep when there is a USB3 device plugged in.

Matt

Ports detected on XHC without the injector are the same as with the injector, so the result (being the same) is not really surprising.

Post 'patchmatic -extract' output.

attached as requested.

Matt

See what happens (if behavior different) with SSDT-XOSI (and associated patch).

Note that there is an easy work around here: Eject USB3 devices before using sleep.

Also, I think there is a configuration you haven't really pursued. That would be to keep all USB2 ports on XHC (no FakePCIID_XHCIMux), eliminating the ones you don't need (with injector) to keep under the 15 port limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back