Contribute
Register

USB Driver Changed Again - PB6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance you could do it.

Least then I no I'm trying something I no is right.

If you see what I mean. o_O

Matt

Best to learn something about what you're doing. It is not that difficult.

It is easy for me to check what you've done.

right,

quite frankly this is beginning to get on my tits now.

Ive patched my DSDT ( yey me ) rebooted system and tried to sleep.

USB3 devices were showing up in the USB3 tree so i guess i done the DSDT edit right.

When i click sleep the system woke straight back up. Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

WTF?

any way, when it woke back up there was no USB power ( sound card light not lighting up ) and the screen didn't turn back on.

Left it a minute and it went back to sleep ( literally a minute )

This time the mouse wouldn't wake it up but the power button did, this time, still no USB power but the screen kicked back in ( turned on )

Ive attached my edited DSDT and patchmatic -extract output

Im beginning to think i could live without USB3

Matt

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    66.2 KB · Views: 98
  • RehabMan.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 66
right,

quite frankly this is beginning to get on my tits now.

Ive patched my DSDT ( yey me ) rebooted system and tried to sleep.

USB3 devices were showing up in the USB3 tree so i guess i done the DSDT edit right.

When i click sleep the system woke straight back up. Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)

WTF?

any way, when it woke back up there was no USB power ( sound card light not lighting up ) and the screen didn't turn back on.

Left it a minute and it went back to sleep ( literally a minute )

This time the mouse wouldn't wake it up but the power button did, this time, still no USB power but the screen kicked back in ( turned on )

Ive attached my edited DSDT and patchmatic -extract output

Im beginning to think i could live without USB3

Matt

The changes look ok...

Looks like your system has some sort of issue with sleep when USB3 is enabled.

I wonder if XWAK is being called (looks like it should be). And whether it is calling XSEL...

ACPIDebug is useful to answer such questions...

Use attached DSDT.aml. Make sure ACPIDebug.kext is installed. Reply with output from ACPIdebug in system.log

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 73
I've still got it installed from before I think.

I'm guessing you want me to reboot then try and sleep and go through the process.

Then upload my system.log?

Matt

I've still got it installed from before I think.

I'm guessing you want me to reboot then try and sleep and go through the process.

Then upload my system.log?

Matt

Yes, but I need only the output from ACPIDebug in system.log, not the entire file. It will be only a few lines.

lunaoso, I have the same board as you, and everything's working OK with a pretty vanilla installation. You can see my config.plist and other settings in the thread [Guide] El Capitan on the GA-H87N-WIFI with GT 740.

I just checked and with an SSD in a USB3 enclosure, I get 288 MB/s write and 424 MB/s read in Blackmagic, so it seems like the ports are working at full USB3 speed.

@Rehabman and Matt

As I mentioned earlier I've tried all the steps here as well and am having similar issues. However with both the Xosi patch and the DSDT patch on post 208 (without Xosi patch) Matt just completed sleep is working fine until I try to sleep with a usb 3 device plugged into a usb 3 port. If I try to sleep then I have a similar behaviour to what Matt is experiencing. It sleeps fine with usb 2 devices plugged in. Thought this info may help.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back