Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
OK so I have an issue. I am getting the "Because a USB device was drawing too much power from your computer, one or more of your USB devices have been disabled." popup error message like every 10 seconds. it's on one of the usb ports on the mobo unfortunately and not one on the case. all my usb ports do work though. It happens in windows as well, but i can just disable the messages. From what i've researched, it's a bad usb port (well i probably damaged it by doing something stupid). Is there anyway to get the messages to go away? i really don't care if i fix the problem if there is damage to the mobo. (i've already rma my mobo and am not going to do that again).

tldr : is there a way to disable the pop message "Because a USB device was drawing too much power from your computer, one or more of your USB devices have been disabled."

Also, my sleep image i the private/var/vm folder is 34.4gb. is that normal?

if somebody helps me i'll paypal you a dollar or some ****. i can't stand the popup lol.

make that 5 dollars.

Argh I had that error just this week and now have no idea how I fixed it. Real helpful. I might have done a CMOS reset on the mobo. Definitely unplug all USB peripherals and plug them back in one at a time to see if it's a particular device or port.

As for the sleepfile, that sounds too big. You can safely delete it. It shouldn't really be bigger than the size of the RAM in the machine. Either way, it'll make a new one if and when you next sleep the machine.

Argh I had that error just this week and now have no idea how I fixed it. Real helpful. I might have done a CMOS reset on the mobo. Definitely unplug all USB peripherals and plug them back in one at a time to see if it's a particular device or port.

As for the sleepfile, that sounds too big. You can safely delete it. It shouldn't really be bigger than the size of the RAM in the machine. Either way, it'll make a new one if and when you next sleep the machine.

ok that worked lol. one button does it all. pm me your paypal and ill give you 5 dollars.

I had this issue also, as it turned out it was because I had my power plug plugged into a surge protector with too manu other items on it. I plugged the Power cable directly into the wall, or into the wall with a heavy duty extension cord and not only did this issue fix, but so did the one where the unit was restarting itself instead of shutting down.

Located a fix on TonyMac...I too had the issue
I swapped HDs and that caused the problem! My machine has 1250 watt Platinum PS. Unbeknownst to me, the replacement drive apparently has a slightly larger power draw: ergo the USB error. The fix is to power down, turn off the power supply, unplug the power cord. Wait about 5 minutes then power up.

Wow.

Many thanks, Dakotaht - This seems to have fixed my issue as well!

dakotaht, i love you!
Worked like a charm!
Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back