Contribute
Register

USB disabled after updating BIOS on Gigabyte P55 mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock B760M
CPU
i7-13700F
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. Quadra
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system was mostly working but in order to resolve some DSDT issues related to audio I decided to update the BIOS on my Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R to the F8 release. Now my USB keyboard and mouse don't work. I loaded the "optimized" settings in the BIOS and then disabled legacy USB support in the BIOS, as well setting the SATA mode from IDE to AHCI (so it actually boots...). But both the keyboard and mouse are totally dead in this state, even in Chameleon (though if I boot into linux they work fine). If I enable legacy USB support then the keyboard at least works to navigate the bootloader, but of course, not once OS X boots.

I've already tried downgrading to BIOS versions F4, F5, F6, and F7 from Gigabyte but nothing makes any difference. I can't imagine what other setting in the BIOS could be out of whack that would cause the system to break in this way. It seems more likely there's some setting in Chameleon that will need to be updated for USB to work with the chipset. Suggestions for how to troubleshoot welcome.

Hreb
Yes you need to most likely run the IOusb rollback option in MultiBeast -
do this when you run multibeast at the inital boot up
also good idea to do multibeast in small groups of items to run such as audio and network as mentioned in tonys documentation you can run multibeast many times
but do select the system utilities every time you run it to reset permissions on the kexts.

In my situation which is a Gigabyte board I HAVE all the usb functions turned on in the bios may I suggest that as well
and yes the first time you boot up the system after the OSX has installed and you get the desktop - you may need to use a PS2 mouse /keyboard until the next time you boot.

Tote

If you use a DSDT from the Database on a Gigabyte LGA 1156 board you don't need IOUSB Rollback. The rollback is only for Gigabyte LGA 1156 boards without a DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back