Contribute
Register

USB Devices ejected after Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was now able to solve my issues with darkwake=0 the Screen comes back and also my USB Device gets remounted when the Laptop wakes up. I also have then create no SSDT patch to solve the issue. Thanks.

Need for darkwake=0 might indicate an nvram problem.
I've never had to use it...

I use the Emulated NVRAM of Clover but somehow it didn't work correctly as also written in my other Thread for the non saved NVRAM for the AppleBacklightInjector.

I use the Emulated NVRAM of Clover but somehow it didn't work correctly as also written in my other Thread for the non saved NVRAM for the AppleBacklightInjector.
no problem reporting files...

i had the same issue today and forgot to add in:

set config.plist/SystemParameters/BacklightLevel=0

afterwards, everything works great

@feartech
I have now attached the Problem Reporting Files if you want to check why the NVRAM isn't working. Backlight Level is set to 0. In the other Thread is already written that it is an Problem for Dell Laptops to read the correct Value of the Backlight Level.

Attachments

• Problem_Reporting.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
A few years (and OSes) back, I was able to fix the USB sleep/wake issue on an EP45-UD3P mobo by replacing the USB section of my DSDT with the attached entries. I am not the author of the fix and do not understand the details; but the patch worked for me for many years and through several updates.

I cannot get it to work now -- and perhaps it is now obsolete -- but wanted to provide it to you folks in case you saw something in it of value.

p.s. one other thing: I installed a third-party SATA card that successfully ejects and mounts external eSATA drives on sleep/wake. No idea why that works and built-in USB doesn't.

Attachments

• dsdt usb fix plaintext.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 229
A few years (and OSes) back, I was able to fix the USB sleep/wake issue on an EP45-UD3P mobo by replacing the USB section of my DSDT with the attached entries. I am not the author of the fix and do not understand the details; but the patch worked for me for many years and through several updates.

I cannot get it to work now -- and perhaps it is now obsolete -- but wanted to provide it to you folks in case you saw something in it of value.

p.s. one other thing: I installed a third-party SATA card that successfully ejects and mounts external eSATA drives on sleep/wake. No idea why that works and built-in USB doesn't.

Seems more relevant to a desktop (and, in particular, old desktops). This is the laptop section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back