CPU
i5-3320M / QM77
Graphics
HD 4000 1366 x 768
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a laptop-a Fujitsu Lifebook S792 with a QM77 chipset. I have encountered a USB problem: when I connect any device, I see the message "Connect the device to the USB port of your Mac", although the ports on the dock work without problems. I used this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-usb-port-configuration.286553/#post-2029768 , but it describes how to create a USB SSDT for a PC. Following this guide, I faced the question of which ports in Hackintool I need to leave (except for those marked in green), because in one of the screenshots of the author of that guide, you can see that he left some ports that are marked as Unknown. Please tell me which ports I need to leave in Hackintool? Thanks.

P.S This is my screenshot. I scrolled down a little, and set the "internal" type for my webcam

Attachments

• 1626788346176.png
    1626788346176.png
    217 KB · Views: 62
You need to expand the Hackintool app to show all the USB ports in the central Window. Move the mouse to the bottom of the Hackintool app, the cursor will change to a downward pointing arrow, click and drag the bottom of the Hackintool app window till the vertical slider is removed. You can do the same to expand the app sideways/horizontally too.

Post a new screenshot with all the ports shown.

As this is an Ivy Bridge system I assume the following:
  1. You are using the EHC1 t0 EH01, EHC2 to EH02 and XHCI to XHC rename patches in your config.plsit.
  2. That you have the appropriate USB port limit patches enabled for the version of macOS you are running on the Laptop.
  3. That you have USBInjectAll.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
According to the Fujitsu Data sheet for your laptop (attached below) you should only have a few USB ports and internal connections:

Externally:
1 x USB2 port
2 x USB3 ports

Internally:
1 x USB WebCam (USB2)
1 x Bluetooth module (USB2)

I would suggest you add the attached SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml table to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

This will turn off the two EHCx USB controllers. It will also pass the ports connected to the EHCx controllers to the XHC controller, which will make life easier when it comes to setting which ports need to be retained, it will probably be all of them, as your laptop has approximately 5 physical and 2 virtual USB ports.

While you have the two EHCx controllers working they are just confusing which ports/hubs need to be retained.

I use this SSDT on a number of older systems like your Ivy Bridge Laptop and it works just fine.

Attachments

• prel-ds-LIFEBOOK-S792.pdf
    175.4 KB · Views: 63
  • SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml.zip
    820 bytes · Views: 58
have moved your post to laptop section

You need to expand the Hackintool app to show all the USB ports in the central Window. Move the mouse to the bottom of the Hackintool app, the cursor will change to a downward pointing arrow, click and drag the bottom of the Hackintool app window till the vertical slider is removed. You can do the same to expand the app sideways/horizontally too.

Post a new screenshot with all the ports shown.

As this is an Ivy Bridge system I assume the following:
  1. You are using the EHC1 t0 EH01, EHC2 to EH02 and XHCI to XHC rename patches in your config.plsit.
  2. That you have the appropriate USB port limit patches enabled for the version of macOS you are running on the Laptop.
  3. That you have USBInjectAll.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
According to the Fujitsu Data sheet for your laptop (attached below) you should only have a few USB ports and internal connections:

Externally:
1 x USB2 port
2 x USB3 ports

Internally:
1 x USB WebCam (USB2)
1 x Bluetooth module (USB2)

I would suggest you add the attached SSDT-EHCx_OFF.aml table to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

This will turn off the two EHCx USB controllers. It will also pass the ports connected to the EHCx controllers to the XHC controller, which will make life easier when it comes to setting which ports need to be retained, it will probably be all of them, as your laptop has approximately 5 physical and 2 virtual USB ports.

While you have the two EHCx controllers working they are just confusing which ports/hubs need to be retained.

I use this SSDT on a number of older systems like your Ivy Bridge Laptop and it works just fine.
Hello. Thank you very much. I used a ready-made EFI from the Internet for my laptop (for a similar Fujitsu Lifebook S762 laptop, also Ivy Bridge, but with an HM76 chipset). In config. plist, I noticed that the USBE to EH02 parameter is present. Do I need to delete it? There is no XHCI to XHC. The port limit patch is also missing, although I would like to add it. USBInjectAll is installed

Last edited:
I also installed FixUSB, because without it the installer did not start, there was a crossed-out circle.
P.S Here is the Hackintool app in full screen
1627027062993.png

Last edited:
I deleted the old ones .aml files from another laptop, removed FixUSB, added your SSD TECH off. Now as I understand it, Hacking tool creates both SD TECH-USB. aml and SSDT-AML.aml and USB Ports. ext. But I didn't quite understand which ports I should leave, in addition to those marked in green, so that the number 15 turns out? Thanks.
1627037761702.png
1627037797269.png

I deleted the old ones .aml files from another laptop, removed FixUSB, added your SSD TECH off. Now as I understand it, Hacking tool creates both SD TECH-USB. aml and SSDT-AML.aml and USB Ports. ext. But I didn't quite understand which ports I should leave, in addition to those marked in green, so that the number 15 turns out? Thanks.View attachment 525262View attachment 525263
after you have plugged in a usb2.0 and a usb3.0 device, the ports on hackintool change green

delete the white ones not in use

then count how many green ones you have

if 15 or less, then export usbports.kext nd then use it

if more than 15 then you have to sacrifice ports until you are at 15

after you have plugged in a usb2.0 and a usb3.0 device, the ports on hackintool change green

delete the white ones not in use

then count how many green ones you have

if 15 or less, then export usbports.kext nd then use it

if more than 15 then you have to sacrifice ports until you are at 15
I just took a flash drive, and tried to insert it into all the ports (in turn), and noticed that only the green desks work, the white ones (Unknown) and so they remained. I also noticed that the dock probably serves as a USB-Hub, because when inserting and removing the laptop from it, no new ports appear, although the ports on the dock work more than perfectly. It turns out that I need to delete all the ports except the green ones and export?

I just took a flash drive, and tried to insert it into all the ports (in turn), and noticed that only the green desks work, the white ones (Unknown) and so they remained. I also noticed that the dock probably serves as a USB-Hub, because when inserting and removing the laptop from it, no new ports appear, although the ports on the dock work more than perfectly. It turns out that I need to delete all the ports except the green ones and export?
make sure to use a usb2 and a usb3 device...

make sure to use a usb2 and a usb3 device...
It worked. New ports have appeared. As a result, there were 9 of them. I export them. Well, I change the camera to Internal, because it does not work without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back