Contribute
Register

USB-C not working in High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've identified the problem as the adapters I bought to convert it from my firewire interface are for thunderbolt 3. I thought that thunderbolt 3 and USB-C were the same connection, that I now know isn't the case. So does anyone know of a Firewire card that would be compatible with the Gigabyte H270N-WIFI motherboard & would fit in the BitFenix Phenom case? Or an adapter that would go from firewire to USB-C? Though the adapter(s) don't seem to exist from what I've found so far.
Thanks for everyone's help so far!

Or for that matter probably a better option would be a PCI express Thunderbolt 3 card that works.

So we've identified the problem as the adapters I bought to convert it from my firewire interface are for thunderbolt 3. I thought that thunderbolt 3 and USB-C were the same connection, that I now know isn't the case. So does anyone know of a Firewire card that would be compatible with the Gigabyte H270N-WIFI motherboard & would fit in the BitFenix Phenom case? Or an adapter that would go from firewire to USB-C? Though the adapter(s) don't seem to exist from what I've found so far.
Thanks for everyone's help so far!
Use Syba sd Pex 30009 firewire card. It works OOB with the hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back